Cardinals screwing with Tyrann Mathieu, Honey Badger don't play that though

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If he's already verbally consented to things that aren't part of a normal 3rd-rounder's contract, I don't blame the Cardinals for using that leverage to try to get the best deal possible for themselves.

Why would you do weekly drug tests with no consequences? Clearly, the implication is that failing a drug test would have financial ramifications -- specifically, with regards to guaranteed money.

Honey Badger should have never opened his mouth. He dug himself this hole.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol he's verbally agreed to being a pro. That is ALL he did. He did not however say... Yes please **** me in the bum because y'all CHOSE me in the THIRD, and I have a history of problems... That's on the cards. He didnt force those fools to draft him there. Now they gonna try to do some crap that's unprecedented? No. They knew from the get that drafting him there meant certain monetary situations of a third rounder. Now they can pay the man.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Toronto is right, Honey badger screwed himself here.

I think he may have to hold out in order to get his everyday 3rd rounder contract.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I bet he wishes he went one pick later now

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

He is holding out Ahahahahahahahahahahaha :hugelaugh: . He was lucky to be taken at all.. the only reason teams were willing to reach so far to take him was for his potential. Personally I have no interest in a 5'8 CB, LET ALONE a 5'8 CB with attitude and drug problems.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Cause he said he would take frequent drug tests? That was his leverage, that's asinine to think. Why take the kid if you don't intend to pay him, it is a third round contract less than a million per year, if you didn't want to pay him that don't draft him in the third it isn't a difficult concept. AZ front office is stupid.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would have gladly taken him with our 3rd. Guy has an innate ability to make plays, something we could use on the back end. He would have been a better nickel than Verner.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd take him as a Nickle or Dime back too, but before his drug bust people were talking about him being a top 5 or 10 pick. I just don't see it.. you can't stick a 5'8 dude on the outside and expect good things to happen.. dude would get thrown over and dominated by the NFL elites easily.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Agreed that would be way too early but a third for a playmaking nickel who brings attitude and return ability, absolutely. Robert Alford is about the same size and went round 2 to ATL and he will be a nickel.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

too bad the poll doesn't have a spot for who cares :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar