Cardinals New Stadium

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanium, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I was raised in Arizona, so by default, the Cards are my second favorite NFL team. My sister sent me this photo of the inside of the new stadium. Hard to believe the field is on a tray that can be moved outside to give the grass sunlight....

Attached Files:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I've predicted the Cards will surpise this year, their first real home field advantage since moving to the Valley.
    Phoenix is the only city with two retractable roof stadiums. Folks love their sports out there.

The first real Sports Bar in the country was in Glendale, I think. Do you remember the name of it?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Reliant Stadium is like that... I know it's not common but it's not unheard of. Now, I dislike the Texans just as much as the next guy, but one must concede that they have one of the best stadiums in the business if not the best indoor facility in the game. Now, side by side how does this facility stand up to Reliant? Is it bigger, more seats, better this or that, is it just on par or is it inferior?

4. That's what it'll be like on gameday:lol:
    [​IMG]

5. Hoffa

It's sold out, unlike SDS.

If they start losing, and people quit showing up, then it will be like at Titans games last year and we have no room to talk.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Wow, I thought that retractable grass thing was a joke.

7. Hoffa

Not true. The Cardinals Stadium will be the first with a retractable grass field.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/nfc/CardinalsStadium.htm

Here's Reliant. Notice the field is surrounded by seats on every side, no where to retract the field, unlike the Cardinals place where it slides out the endzone like a pizza tray.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/ReliantStadium.htm

Here's the end where the field is slid out,
    [​IMG]

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yup. you're right. I checked it out.
    I guess I had heard of it. It may have been something you had posted in the past that made it familiar to me. I mistakenly thought that Houston was doing the same thing. Obviously not.

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

The only other stadium like it is in Japan. Arizona has the only one with a "Tray Field" in the United States.

The Cardinals sold out their season tickets for the first time in 20 years of existance in Phoenix. The fans no longer have to pay NFL prices to sit on a bleacher. They also won't roast in the sun any longer while attending a game.

We'll see how long the love affair lasts. Winning does cure a lot of ills.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

No I don't remember. I moved from Arizona in 1985 so it's been a while since I've lived there.

The new stadium is also out in the middle of no where. It's kind of nice though, plenty of parking and easy access in and out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar