Cap space numbers for AFC South teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's the first time that's ever happened. weird. :sarcasm:

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

KVB and Bullock (tehe) both could still be at the top of their games next year. Let's wait and see. If th, I seriously consider trying to keep them around a few more years.

There's no magical age to when a player really starts to slow down. It's not that nice round # 30. How many times have we seen an "old" player let go by a team only to be very good still for their next team?

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

How much of the Titans cap room is money that Bud kept in his pocket the last couple years?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

We always have lots of money and never spend it, who cares?

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

:grrr:This is the first time i've wanted to punch another poster in the face.:grrr:

He is our undisputable leader on defense and lead our team in tackles. Why in the world would he not be worth upgrading? Until I see a big decline in his game, I wouldn't even entertain the thought.

6. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I agree. Bulluck is a vital part of our defense and the leader, not only on the defensive side, but one of the leaders on the team. Anybody that would want to get rid of him is just crazy.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

How long have you been following this team? Do you not remember the years where we were always up against it or over it . . . we kept restructuring deals and landed in cap hell. He have had cap space for say what . . . 2-3 years . . . before that, things were very different.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I remember that but for the past few years we don't spend a dime. I'm not saying we break the bank for one player but it wouldn't kill us to overpay for one or two players. I mean who wouldn't have wanted Bernard Berrian? It's who I wanted.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He is the leader on our defense. But he's old (will be 32 this spring). It's not worth giving him a huge backloaded contract or even upgrading his current. I think he has max. 2 years left as a Titan.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you really have no idea how this thing works, do you?

guys, for real, we are super blessed with MR calling the shots. His approach is slow and conservative but it is safe. That room is going to dry up real quick with all the extensions that need to be signed and a decision needs to be made on where to draw the line with Albert. I think Albert will land north of that line. I really want that 1st tier FA wide receiver and I know that I'm not going to get it but I can be sure that the Titans cap will be handled in a prudent manner. I'm excited for our team. They are already good and have room to grow. These are good times even if the post season didn't work out.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar