Cap Problems In 2014? Stewart A Cap Casualty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think this is likely cj's last hurrah as a titan. Probably Stewart too, quite probably for Washington, and likely for Britt.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think Washington may not make it to the season opener. No way he comes back in 2014 unless he is willing to play for peanuts.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I understand how people feel about Chris Johnson.In his first year 2008 we went 13-3 and had the league's best record.The last four years we've had a combined record of 29-35 but thats not all on C.J. we have struggled on defense and there have been problems with the offensive line at times.Sure maybe he deserves some of the blame but if we put the right pieces on defense while getting the offensive line improved there is no reason we can't be right back winning like we were in C.J.'s rookie year.

After all with the offensive line improved C.J. should be able to bounce back and have a good season not to mention he is one of our main weapons on offense.I do think some of his struggles might've been because of the offensive line not to mention we weren't fooling defenses anymore.Also we really haven't had anyone stepping up on offense and none of our receivers were doing much so that left C.J. as really the only true weapon we had on offense so all the defense had to do was take C.J. out of the equation.Of course it was going to fail having him be the focal point because there was really no other player stepping up on offense.

Now with the line improved along with Wright and Hunter being drafted the last two seasons along with Britt being fully healed means we finally have talent in other places which should help make C.J. and the offense better.

As far as letting him go after this season that would mean Locker would have the added pressure of having to throw the ball more.We have some solid receivers but we don't have any true weapons at WR yet.I really don't think Greene is an every down kind of back at all so more than likely we would be drafting another running back and we all know how well thats worked in the recent past with Ringer and Harper both failing to do anything.I think if C.J. has a bad season this year let him go but if he comes on strong and has a really good year i think it would be a mistake letting him go.Having a really good back to depend on makes things much easier on Locker also and with C.J. gone there would be added pressure on Locker to make things happen on offense.

Maybe i'm looking at it wrong but i remember how much Harper and Ringer both struggled and never did anything for the offense.I'd hate to get rid of C.J. especially if he had a really good season in 2013 because we don't know what we'd be getting as a replacement.Also i thought Webster said we were going to be going back to pounding the ball along with having a good defense.If we are going to depend on the running game it wouldn't make much sense to start over at the RB position.

4. smili

smili Starter

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Depending on CJs performance this year he may be hitting the dusty trail with Griffin and Stewart

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well we can always cut CJ but I think his salary starts to dip a bit next year. So unless we really need the money I'm okay with hanging onto him until we find a better replacement, which I'm guessing would be through the draft.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We will need to start looking at his age pretty soon. Next season he will be 28, his best years are easily behind him.

8. The Playmaker

I agree that this will probably be the last year where we can get the most out of him, however, if we don't come up with a quality RB in the draft I would be okay with keeping him one more year. I don't see us making a big move in FA at the position, replace one high priced RB for another? This team, for the most part, will continue to build through the draft. So just depends who will be available for us. He at most has 1 more year with us imo.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well we have Green, and if Locker sinks we have no reason to keep a big money back in CJ. If he swims, we can assume he can play without CJ. Keep Green and get a runner in the middle rounds next year.

I do agree, one more year tops.

10. The Playmaker

Yeah if Locker busts we really only have two options.

1. Try and not make this off season a waste and bring in a proven QB and try to win now and add another guy or two. (I just googled and only decent QB available is Cutler so maybe forget this option.)

2. Completely blow up the team, get rid of the high price guys, and hope a potential franchise QB is available at our pick (Bridgewater please). Or even use some of our assets and move up for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar