Cap Casualties League-wide

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Reinfeldt

Stevens is probably out also, but we can't have Thompson be our backup

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just ask Stevens to take a pay cut or we'll have to cut him and draft a TE or sign a FA.

$2.4mil for that guy is absurd. $800k is about the max I would ever even consider offering him.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yea for what he did for us in 2013, its way too much

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think we could probably afford to cut Stevens and add a guy like Shiancoe on the cheap. If TT could get his hands right dude could be a beast. He's got the physical tools there, speed, size, toughness. Hands would make him real nice.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Personally I'm in the camp that feels like we under utilize Stevens. I think he deserves a few looks in the passing game each game. If we are going to continue to use him solely as a blocker then he is being paid too much. I think you should just bring in an extra OL and go with a heavy set. I think that we will keep him at his current salary though and I just hope we use him better. Other thing that scares me about Stevens is his concussion history.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I completly disagree. Most humans are just mouthbreathing roaches living off the work of others.

I want an expecially nasty and cruel death for vick. I hope it is soon, but not before he is destitute, alone and riddled with painful disease

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Loaggins forgot there were TEs on the team

lets see what OTA/TC ect have with Wizenhut calling the plays

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree, but regardless of that Stevens will need to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. Dude knows he's not worth much. I remember reading the article when he signed the contract that he was so surprised at the numbers. He knew he wasn't worth that.

What a terrible FO to offer a guy that much money when even the dude signing it knows it's a joke.

$800k per year at the absolute maximum or get out. He will be signed for vet minimum elsewhere, so he better understand that.

It's always funny when some players won't take a pay cut... Uhh, you can take a pay cut with your team, or you can be released and take a pay cut with another team. Their egos just get in the way and they end up getting released and making less money.

CJ needs to understand this as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Concussion problems. Dont want him catching too many balls and missing time.

I do think he will be on the roster next season

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ummm....

Ok? Wrong, but if you think dogs are more valuable than humans, more power to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar