Canada Surrenders to the US

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah I like too do that too. Pre WWII HS was at the current college level and an elementary education was all anyone really needed as long as they weren't going too college. So all those dudes with PHDs working at starbucks really makes sense when you realize that all they really have is a pre WWII high school education so why should they not be making me coffee.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If the other medals don't matter why do they exist.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1 of Canada's golds were stolen from Apolo Ohno.

2 of them came from curling and something called "skeleton" whatever the fluff that is.

but we all know... if they lose the hockey game. Not ONE of their medals will matter.

4. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

"Stolen from Ohno"
    Wrong - He impeded on the Korean skater and was thus eliminated allowing our guy to cruise to the finish.

"Two of them came from curling"
    One of them came from curling and sorry that your country performed poorly at it so you result to insulting the sport. And skeleton is luge to the extreme, so I don't know what the point to that comment was.

You saying all that was like me say, "Oh all your medals came from skiing."

Just plain dumb.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm not a member of the IOC, but if I was I'd do away with silver and bronze.

Who is considered the better QB, the one who wins the Superbowl or the one who loses it twice?

Of course if anyone want to take pride in having the most second and third best athletes, I won't stop them. To me having the best athletes is just more important.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Overall it's been a pretty entertaining Olympics. I think either way the hockey game ends up today most Canadians will view the games overall as a a success, but even I'd admit that beating you guys today for the gold medal would certainly be a nice cherry on top. For most Canadians a match-up against arch-rivals Russia in the gold medal game would have been a little sexier, but the next best thing to beating a rival at something is besting a close friend. It should be a fantastic game. For the US hockey team, beating the Canadians twice here in Canada would be truly impressive. I think I'll actually watch this game (which figures to be one of the most watched TV broadcasts in Canadian history).

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From the vibe I get from interviews of Canadians, if they lose the hockey game today, it'll overshadow getting the most gold.

That would be a shame.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think a lot of that is media trying to hype chit up. It's a big deal up here no doubt, but the way the entire Olympic team has performed throughout the games has been a genuinely nice surprise. I'm really not the most patriotic guy, in fact I'm generally a little uncomfortable with the whole concept, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching some of the great performances delivered by Canadian athletes at these games (in fact I just love watching any athlete who wins at some obscure sport knowing that they trained all of their lives for that moment... there's no pro league to go back to... this was it).

While out driving this aft, I was tuning around the radio checking out the local sports stations from Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo and was surprised to hear all of them talking about this afternoon's hockey game. It's not that often our two countries have a truly competitive rivalry game of any sort. It's pretty cool that it seems to be generating quite a bit of interest down there as well. I'm starting to get geeked up for it.

So... you maybe our closest ally, but for today my American friends...

“Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!”
    [​IMG]
    "I fart in your general direction."

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]
    1-0 Canuckleheads after one.
    Good, competitive match-up so far. Canadian D having a strong game.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Lucky bas-tards...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar