Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

Now that we got slammed by the Chargers, how can you make the arguement to trade a QB on your team to the team that just beat you by over 30 points? Obviously, if they want him, they must know something you don't. and since they just beat you, wouldn't you rely on thier judgement?

I don't know how you trade Billy to the Chargers now.

2. Absolutely I'd trade him to them. I'd trade him to whoever offers the best draft pick...

As for why they'd want him and we don't, they want a proven backup and we don't. He perfectly fits the role they are looking for, but he doesn't fit in here.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I feel bad for Billy. Unless the rest of the NFL agrees that Fisher has lost his mind, they're going to think Volek must really be bad, considering we're still bent on starting Collins....

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that is your opinion but I disagree with it. Volek needs to be starting here not traded to someone else

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Billy Volek fits in here
    if Kerry friggin Collins fits in here

Billy sure did look like he fit in when he was playing his way to the fastest 10 game start by an NFL QB

i think Billy would excell playing for Heimerdinger
    but I don't think anyone will (not named Young) with Chow

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I still don't buy that Chow is the problem. If Volek was given a little more time in the pocket, a supporting rungame and had more than 1 offseasons worth of chemistry with the new receivers, I think he could get it done.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Chow is part of the problem. His offensive scheme didn't work last yr and so far it hasn't worked this yr. There are players who need to be benched, will it happen? I don't think so..surprise us Fisher and bench someone for a lousy game

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

First year will always be a problem for any new system, just like it will be a problem for any new QB. However from what I've seen so far the poor production is not to be blamed on the scheme or playcalling, but simply on poor execution, be it bad throws, dropped balls, poor blocking, etc.

But I'm still waiting to hear anyone actually point out what they feel isn't working with Chow's offence and what needs to be changed.
    Certainly the dink & dunk excuse doesn't hold water, because there were plenty of deep patterns in yesterdays game, however Vince was the only one who could get the ball there.

9. The same could be said for Collins...

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:crazy: :flush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar