Can you imagine if we had a good HC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I think Titan fans have become comfortable with settling.

Unfortunately, last season, AAS wanted to give Mularkey a chance at HC with his own staff. I don't think Mularkey was our best choice. I think we lost out on McDaniels and even though there is no way we could predict how different this team would have looked with McDaniels at HC, I have a feeling the Titans wouldn't be known for running a "dumb" offense which I have read NFL pundits say about our offensive scheme.

I started this thread as kind of a funny, but I think after yesterday's game, it's makes you wonder what could have been with a different HC. JMO

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Why is the Option even an Option in our playbook? My goodness, this is the NFL, not college ball.

Can we scrap it already? Hello?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Not out coached....out played on the field.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stupid comment of the year! Whiz was 3-20 as our head coach. Drink that in for a moment because that is as bad as the nfl can be. WTF would not be better than that? Whiz might well be a fine OC but he was a horrible head coach.

You could argue Whiz out coached Labeau who by the way was also a horrible head coach.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Can we agree they both suck and move on.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Mularkey sucks...but he is doing plenty good enough to win football games...We simply don't have the ingredients of a good enough defense, and that showed today....

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think the defense is alright, some days you're just going to get beat, and Rivers has always torched the Titans.

Defense isn't an issue to me, it those I'll timed turnovers by Mariota. 95% of the time he's on fire, then suddenly *brain fart*.. Once Mariota really settles in he'll stop costing us. But he does more than enough right to believe in..

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We sacked a QB that is not even mobile one time. He only had a few weapons to throw to. I cringed when we were in that soft zone (for whatever reason) and watched near the goal line as two Titans stood on either side of a receiver 5 yards away and let him catch the ball. Half the people on this board could have made that throw. We rarely bothered Rivers at all, and those draws to Gordon in the 1st half ate us alive. Until we find a stud that can actually rush the passer a good QB is going to do this to us. Now we have Rodgers coming up that can run. Back to the soft zone. And tackling - good gosh. Some of these guys should be ashamed to cash a paycheck for that game. They just stand there with their head down and hope the guy runs into them. I learned in HS to watch the stomach, not the head, and it has always worked.

That said, we still have a QB that looks no better each week. Sure, against a lame Jags team he plays well, but when met with an average team he can't handle it. Teams know us so well. MM's favorite pass is the seam route, or something to the sidelines. Both picks came on the sidelines. We don't trust him to throw over the middle unless the WR is running a post or corner. He missed Matthews wide open yesterday. Speaking of, for those screaming for a WR, Matthews is playing fantastic of late. Not only making catches, but breaking tackles and getting YAC. That slant to KW should have never been thrown, but MM gets fixated at times. He does better in the Red Zone because he doesn't have as much field to scan, and he is amazingly accurate down there. I scratch my head many times wondering how he gets that in there. But we can't play every game in the Red Zone, and until we upgrade on defense, we have to grind it out to save the defense from wearing out, like yesterday. Quite a problem.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey I agree with you guys,,...Mariota or not (and I am a fan) I think we NEED to draft a QB at some point (say rounds 2-4). We have too many holes and we are inconsistent...until we add some playmakers etc, that's the way it will be. Even with Mariota's fumbles etc ( I am not justifying them) he is still good....It's a team problem and he isn't helping it. IMO

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Draft a qb round 2-4? Are you high?

Mariota will be QB here next 4-5 years at least. Whether all the trolls who pop up after losses understand that, I can't help.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar