Can you all PLEASE just stop already?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I have to correct you... Smash and Dash, and defense. Lendale white had more TDs than Kerry Collins last year.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess you haven't been around very long as a Titan fan. No we have never had a Manning or Brady at QB but we had Steve McNair who got paid top dollar.
    Also, for years the beech was that Reese over paid players and bought us in CAP hell...too young to remember?
    And finally I get sick and tired of this crap about Bud being cheap and the Titans being a "small market". The Titans pay out close to the entire amount of the salary CAP every year and in the early part of this decade the team was right at the limit. True there is a new philosophy seemingly that to avoid CAP hell the team will try not to overpay players like AH and let them walk. However, that doesn't mean the team doesn't spend near the limit on salary CAP. Most of the time letting players walk ends up proving itself out despite fans having a fit.

Oh, because you were not around you probably don't know that Rolle and Mason were CAP casualties. They had been paid good money before being let go. Kearse was rightly not re-signed for a huge bank roll and it is more than proven the Titans made the right move. He was an injury risk and never player at the same level again. I think it is proving out that AH was worth letting go for the money he got. Odom is a solid player but can't stay healthy and the Titans proved a 4th and 6th rounder in Ford and Hayes can step in along with KVB and not miss a beat. I do think MR needs to consider bringing in another FA or two but I don't think he should EVER go "marquee". About 9 out of 10 "marquee" FAs end up being crappy investments. Ask SF about their mega salary CB who sits the bench. And it is smart not to pay big for FAs and it has nothing to do with being a small market.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I just was trying to say that you took my post way too seriously. And yes I don't want this organization to have a coach come in and be worse then Fisher who in my opinion is still not a horrible coach and defiantly not on the level of tyrant. If he was horrible it would be easy to find a replacement but since he is still a decent coach I think we should be cautious as to who the right guy is. I'm all for a better replacement, so we agree on that one.

4. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

right on! HOw could i forget lendale, i dont know why we dont use him more this year...poor guy fisher is out to ruin him too

5. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

I freely admit I'm a VY fan. Don't you have players you like?

You don't have to devolve to Ad Hominem attacks when your idol, Fisher, is criticized. I don't talk about how dumb your picture is or that your handle is stupid. Grow up.

The only thing I don't like about Fisher is he is too conservative and so we lose to inferior teams, like the Ravens, in the playoffs because the games are always close due to his conservative nature. Sure, it works most of the time, but in the playoffs, most of the time, it doesn't.

Fisher puts together pretty good teams. I don't disagree with every decision he makes but last game was his conservative attitude amplified like nothing else. I don't disagree totally with the timing of putting VY in. The games were close and KC didn't lose the games, but he didn't really make any plays to carry the team either. Maybe game 5 but not game 6. Joe Montana, Elway and Unitas combined couldn't have beat NE. Obviously our Defense is not what it was, especially from a pressuring the QB standpoint

For the most part, VY is not turning the ball over like he used to. Give the team a chance to score at the end of the 1st half. Call the time out when their team was pinned the five at the end of regulation. If we stop them, our field position would have been much better than what we would start out in OT IF we won the toss. Maybe it was a brain fart, but to me, it looked like Fish didn't have the stones to take the necessary risks to put a stake in the heart of the Dolphins.

I'm not calling for him to get fired but can't you agree there were some bad decisions in the game and that he was overly conservative in this case?

6. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

I feel bad for Mcnair. He had good wide receivers for one maybe two years with Mason and McCairens and he made the pro bowl. I think we should have done something to keep Mason but overall, the personnel changes were driven by the cap like you said and most of our players that went elsewhere have been total busts.

I also liked Chris Carr. I wish we could have kept him. It was nice to have a returner that was half way decent and he was also a decent fill in on defense.

7. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

We couldn't have kept Carr. It wasn't through lack of trying, it was due to the fact that we couldn't promise him a Nickelback position in our D whilst we had Fuller.

Ratbirds said they would, but didn't. But he's starting now and they are gonna feel the effects of it now.

8. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

I am so sick and tired of reading this total garbage..(And sorry STW_chris this is nothing personal towards you but its directed towards every naive poster who have made such a ridiculous comment)

Yes i know fisher sold you that stupid lie but people please wisen up! Reject that nonsense like you do every time you hear Jeff Fisher give that bum Nick harper an A grade after being burned for 1500 yards and 10 tds in one game!

Get this straight people, 32 out 32 coaches in the NFL right now (actually make that 33 out of 32, including that poor fool who got fired mid season over at buffalo) all promise more than one player something that they never ever plan on delivering on that season!

Jeff fisher is as good a liar as any other coach who will tell you whatever you wanna hear just to get you to sign on the dotted line.

And get this straight folks, its supposed to be the GM that negotiates these contracts. There is no language in your contract that stipulates how a team may or may not use you.
    If a player signs on the dotted line there is absolutely nothing the player can do to force them to play any position.. NOTHING!!!!

If you wanna play nickel back and the coach says NO! even if thats what you were specifically signed to do there is no recourse for you as player!

They would pretty much have to have agreed on this nickel back nonsensical claim on a hand shake.

All the gm would have to do is tell the lie and let Fisher deal with the fall out.

What exactly was Carr going to do cry foul and then what?

If Haynesworth had gone to the gm and said if you let me play full back too i will sign for 50 mil do you think the gm would have thought twice about it?

He would sign him immediately. And then probably tell Fisher to play him at full back in preseason games or put him in for one play when we are up 47-7 against the rams..:ha: (Its really that freakin simple people)

Please folks stop selling this bogus nonsense as though it holds any
    water!:grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar