Can Whisenhunt make Locker a pocket passer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

The Titans once made Steve McNair into a pocket passer. Under coach Ken Whisenhunt, the franchise apparently are trying to do the same thing with quarterback Jake Locker.

As explained by David Climer of the Tennessean, Whisenhunt is adapting the mobile (and oft injured) Locker to Whisenhunt’s system, which means that Locker ideally will be less mobile. And possibly less injured.

It may be easier said than done, but men like McNair and Hall of Famer Steve Young found a way to run as an absolute last resort. For Locker’s longevity in Tennessee or elsewhere in the NFL, he needs to find a way to stay clean and thus healthy.

It may work. It may fail. But Locker’s future hinges on his his ability to become a better quarterback. Which hinges on his ability to be able to play quarterback more often. Which hinges on his ability to remain healthy enough to play.

When he’s been able to play, he hasn’t played poorly, generating a 7.1-yard average per attempt. Last year, his passer rating was a respectable 86.7 in seven starts.

Regardless of what happens, the Titans appear to be all in with Locker, for 2014 and perhaps 2014 only. They didn’t pick up his fifth-year option, but the primary backup is Charlie Whitehurst.

[​IMG]

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

SUCK IT HATERZ

3. amy

amy Starter

Yes, all the negative vibes sent his way is not helping. People have to work hard to overcome negativity from others. And it really should not be necessary. Instead of hoping he will fail, why not send success vibes his way. We are what we think. Always and forever. Any negative thinking from ourselves and others that we have to overcome makes life way harder.

So just stop it and do something positive.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I woulda just posted a gif, but I guess what Amy said works.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

The secret

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Do not worry Amy. Some of us are actually cheering for Locker.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think anyone is actually hoping he fails. Well I'm sure somewhere out there someone is. But for the most part I think Titan fans want him to succeed. We are just tempering our expectations based on the history.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, since its been brought up a couple times... who wants Locker to fail again??? in fact, I think EVERYONE would be happy if he became the guy. Also, hes a grown man and the QB of a football team, if he cant handle negative vibes, he is nothing more than Vince Young. (and I always try to find the positive in every situation)

however going into his 4th season, having not played an entire season yet... yes... ill hold my reservations and its not being a negative thinker by doing so.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not talking about you guys. There are some people who have gone off the reservation when it comes to Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jetsfanwillwin2 is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar