Can we go back to 101 tackling during the Titans practices?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Sure, it might seem silly doing high school tackling drills, but these arm tackles are starting to get really frustrating, especially against backs like Foster and MJD. Hit, wrap up, drive... if you can't drive him back by yourself, hold him and in no time, your teammates will back up you and give you the extra push, kthxbai.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I agree, and how about throw some "101 catching", "101 pass rush", "101 running the ball" and "101 defense" in there?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. amy

amy Starter

I seem to hear the echos of Fisher's mantra, "We had a good week of practice", in offering reasons why we got our butts handed to us.

But we also know that team chemistry is paramount in sports, and I'm thinking this team doesn't have any for whatever reason. I do from teaching a long time that it only takes one to sour the whole group. It occurred to me the other day that maybe it wasn't all Vince in the locker room after all.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Where's the tenacity that this team had for 3 weeks?

The defense played with an energy like they couldnt wait to hit people in the face. Where did that go?

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^ Is it just me or does Griffin seem to fail a lot in the open field?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oohPF3bY48"]Arian Foster 78 Yard Touchdown Reception (10/23/11) - YouTube[/ame]

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

apparently the titans don't actually practice during practice.

We had 2 weeks to practice for the Texans and we crapped our pants. I think Munchak just puts on Lady Gaga and the team watches Nate dance to it for a while.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The CBA prevents us from practicing tackling during the season.

Roger Goodell is determined to make NFL games have NBA scores.

WTF kind of chit is it to only get 14 practices in pads? It's a joke really.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anyone recall a thread I made about being able to win 4 games straight?

Didn't the majority of you feel we'd win 4 starting yesterday? So much for that I guess. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this team is not playoff worthy right now. Luckily there is time to figure things out, but there HAS got to be a sense of urgency, which I just don't see from this team.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I think that's pretty obvious right now.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The thread is giving me flashbacks to last season.... and the season before that.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar