Can we ditch this run first mentality?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Mariota is still a rookie. I think it needs to be a little less predictable but if we're gonna have any success this year its gonna be setting up the run to help the rookie out. Still too early to give up on the run early. Oline is still finding their groove (hopefully...).

Mariota is very hard to stop on third and shorts, need to get there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

keeping it 50/50 is best that keeps defenses guessing

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I would trade McCluster and 10$ of my own money for nothing in exchange.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

he's contributing more than most on this team right now, check stats. i aint mad at him.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly.

I personally don't care about run vs. pass as much as getting some first downs. The Titans offense has started pitifully slow these last two games after looking like the Patriots on speed the first one.

Teams enter games with a script early based on what they see in film. I find it strange he's most effective in the first game against a team he only had film from 2014 on. We knew teams would take away that quick slant after the Bucs game.

What is further concerning is that the Titans offense hasn't been effective in the entire first quarter which tells us either Whiz isn't adjusting, isn't adjusting effectively or the offense is just horrible early in games.

We had much of the same thing happen all last season as well.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The beginning of the game those runs up the middle were face palm worthy.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We only scored 33 points in the 1st quarter last year after doing this same run on 1st down stuff. Its crap!

Whiz,
    play fast ball like week-1 or keep losing...

8. JCBRAVE

Im rewatching the Indy game now in more detail. First run of the day is a zone run to the left, but Indy had the right D called, safety went unaccounted for and helps the DT working Schwenke make the stop.........

#FreakingSchwenke is my new hash tag for 2015

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Schwenke and Poituasi show up way too much in the Colts game for the wrong reason....wonder what their PFF grades were...wonder how Levitre has graded out with the Falcons

10. JCBRAVE

hands down their worst linemen, but thats fine since the other 4 guys are playing really really well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar