can we beat atlanta?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Seems we and Atlanta are both similar. Seems were both bi polar at times. I'm wondering how we can beat them. Can we run the ball on them?

2. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I have no idea what to expect out of this Titans team! Will be interesting to see which CJ shows up. Was the last game what we can expect going forward? I am pessimistic right now for some reason. FWIW though, we have had great success against NFC teams as of late.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We can beat anyone.

We can also get beaten by any team's third stringers.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yep, when this team plays like they can we're legit. Otherwise we legit stink.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

"we can't be that bad" - Mike Munchak

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

TG will be our main concerns.... we can't let TEs keep burning us... need a LB on him every time and can't risk that switchover to the safety... willing to see what mccarthy would do in coverage, b/c we know that ruud will probably fail..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sad but true.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think we're 13-2 in the last 15 games against NFC teams.

At the beginning of the year I picked us to lose this game, but hadn't counted on us and them having the same record (they're worse than I thought they'd be and we're better than I thought we'd be). I still find myself reverting to last years mindset that Atlanta is a dominant, division winning team. They have the same record as we do.

They're 3rd against the run in the league, but I think CJ turned the corner in the Cincy game and actually played very well in that game. The only reason he didn't reach 100 yards then was we had to abandon the run and start passing because we fell behind.

I think this is a close one. Still makes me nervous to think about though.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Oh boy"

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't like this matchup. The Falcons have been hit hard this week on the OT 4th down decision last Sunday. They'll want to make a statement.

I'm guessing the Titans will focus on stopping Turner first and I'm not confident the interior DL and Ruud will get it done. If Griffin is covering Gonzo, I pray he jams him at the line which he didn't against Gates. I think Gonzo kills on Sunday.

The Falcons run D is ranked 3rd in the league so I don't see CJ doing much on the ground. I'm thinking they use him on swing routes and let Cook run a lot of routes in the middle of the field.

The stupid penalties and 2nd-and-9s can't happen. If Cook has a big day in the middle, I like the Titans' chances. It'll give CJ a chance to get to the edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar