can vy handle starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

No, and it's all Kerry's fault....

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think I completely agree with that first part but regardless I don't think you can tell your QB to not play his style of football just because you are worried about injury. If we wanted VY to be a pocket passer we shouldn't have drafted him in the first place. We should've went the safe route by taking a QB that is more ready for that style of play.

That's what's so infuriating to me about the way we've handled VY. We let him play Vinceball (which is much more exciting than Fisherball BTW) his rookie year. He takes us to an 8-5 record as a starter and wins ROY in the process. Then, in his second year they try to make him into more of a pocket passer and he throws 17 INTs to 9 TDs, yet we are still winning games and make the playoffs. Then he has the meltdown against Jacksonville (which I'll admit he has no one to blame for but himself) and we haven't seen him since. He's rotting away on the bench while Old Man Collins helps to dig us deeper in the hole week after week.

LOL... I went on a rant there but my point is that we should've known from the getgo that VY is a player you build your gameplan around, not one you mold to fit your tired old style of play. Let's be honest, VY is in all likelihood never going to be a 30+TD, 10 INT a season guy. But he's a rare playmaking talent and most importantly he WINS games. With him you have to be prepared to take the bad with the good and if you look at his career as a whole you'll see that he brings the good a heck of a lot more often than he brings the bad (assuming W's are more important to you than QB ratings). Let's let Vince go out there and play his game and see what happens.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Collins has another mediocre performance Sunday, I think the Titans make the change during the bye week. I don't know why they wouldn't because it'll answer whether or not Young is the future. The Titans should go ahead and give all their young talent more opportunities so they know what they'll need in free agency and the draft.

4. amy

amy Starter

Whoa there, Tyger! collective imaginations ? imaginations?! what imaginations!? If they had any of that, we most likely wouldn't be 0-5!! They remind me of those kids in kindergarten and first grade who couldn't bring themselves to color outside the lines. Offensive scheme? Yes, that is so. Their schemes are definitely offensive to almost all fans! :baghead: :ha:

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Oh there would have been booing, but I honestly think that the fans are completely aware of the whole situation with the team and coaching staff now.
    That said, they would probably be booing everything, not just Vince, because I would think the fans there realized that Fisher just sort of threw Vince out there and what not. I'm not going to pass judgment on him for one tiny series that he was thrown into. Besides that run of his was a thing of beauty and makes up for those bad passes. And kudos for not counting the pass to Nate as VY's fault.

6. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Cut him ..... Vince Young is waste of a football player. He quit on his team, and no football player will ever want to play with him again......and to be a leader....good luck !

We need to part ways at the end of this year with that embarrassment.

7. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Keith Bulluck's special guest at his charity event

Keith Bulluck's special guests at his charity event tonight:

VY,KVB,LW,CJ,CH,DT,CA,JK,DN, & ST

Looks like Vince is in good company. I think his teammates will stand behind him against NE. Funny how Jeff and Kerry are not on the list.:ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You can't run designed running plays with Vince Young. YOU CAN'T!!

They tried once when he was fresh out of college, and the defenses stamped that out quick. I don't recall him having any good gains with a designed running play. Vince is a poor RB. If you're gonna do Wildcat, put CJ in. Vince is wasting space on the field at that point.

You can't design an offense around him. He needs to find a receiver or take off. There's no gameplan for that. Designed QB runs with Vince are an instant fail, if anyone remembers his first go-round. Options, whatever crap they decided to throw.

Vince will be hurt by the end of the season if he takes over now, or any time. Guarantee. The only two guaranteed walking wounded QBs in a season are McNabb and VY (if he's playing) with Matt Schaub a close third.

So use Vince up this year. The whole point of a scrambler is to SCRAMBLE.. not make designed QB dives and junk. This isn't high school. He will be snuffed out the first game he plays if they start pulling those shenanigans.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

No he probably can't handle it, but eventually he'll have no choice.

Get the tissues ready for him.

10. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Well done..Well done

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar