Can These Refs Not Get Fired? Please?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

The only reports of a blown whistle were from our players who reported it to Mularkey that I know of..... Even on the replay I did not hear any whistle until the guy was in the end zone.

Mularkey is always siding w/ his players excuses. I get that to a degree. However, there HAS to be some accountability. Even when Mularkey & the league reviewed it; they said there was no audible whistle. Yet Mularkey said, ''Our guys heard a whistle,'' Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. ''They've already come down from New York that there wasn't a whistle, but I think I'll believe my offensive linemen before I believe anybody in New York.'' If the film shows no whistle how can you say that??? At some point you have to own up to the fact you were wrong! Your players were wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ones-scoops-loose-ball-and-scores-on-wacky-TD

Here's the replay.... Obviously there WAS NO WHISTLE...... No matter how much Mularkey "Will believe his Oline" he & they were wrong. It's just another excuse by a bad HC.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

We can argue all day long & I do not agree w/ the call. The bottom line is this: If the players were better coached; this would not be an issue!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Possible but Miami did enter the field as well. Either way I agree the coaching sucks, that just doesn't excuse bad reffing.

My big issue with allowing the play to happen is that gives (in our case) the advantage that it has to be overturned. Had that play been called incomplete, was there evidence enough to overturn it to a fumble? Even then, where was the ref diffintive call? Why did they have to huddle? My thinking is the ref allowed the play to happen then thought for a second how close it was and since he hadn't made a call, he used replay to save him.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Apparently there was a pretty questionable/controversial call in the Pats-Jets game. I have not seen it.
    A couple of questionable calls in the KC-Steelers game.

5. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Even without whistles on the play, Dolphins had 13 players and 2 coaches on the field while the recovery was being made outside the 40. Then, there's no beanbag signifying the fumble. Then, they take an hour and a half to conference before signaling TD. Both teams thought it was an incomplete pass, all the refs were confused and indecisive, and 1 guy in the entire world thought there was a possibility that it might be a fumble ... unfortunately, that guy happened to be a Dolphin player on the field at the time. lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Wraith

Wraith Starter

have someone able to review every play for each game including penalties that can overrule any call and hit a button that either shoots a flag or some other noticeable signal to let the idiots know they've screwed up and are being overruled. Also fine refs for egregiously bad calls, only way they'll actually be fair because they never call games fair, highest grade I've ever given a ref for a game using a fairly lenient grading system that is way easier than what the nfl should use is 62 out of a 100 and ironically that was to a replacement crew. average grade is a 39.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Fining refs may help but I don't see too many games they are obviously calling one side or the other. If that is happening, I'd also believe that to be higher than the refs alone.

Your suggested review process is partly why they're so scared/incompetent to make calls now. Replay will just fix the problem for them.

What ranking are you talking about? Where's the ref scorecard?

8. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Officiating has been bad in several games

9. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I do that myself, based on only the clear cut calls and they still fail. I'm sayng they need someone that can overrule the refs on any penalty called on not called, not specifically the result of the play but obvious bad penalty calls to be overruled by someone who doesn't have the you stick by your call mentality refs have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar