Can These Refs Not Get Fired? Please?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could be new for this year

but not that I know

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

theyre taught to play until a whistle is blown. From many of the on field reports including the dolphins coming on to the field, the whistle was blown.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Don't get me wrong.... Those refs are bad..... VERY bad. That is not the only call they screwed up in our game. From the sound of it; they are at it again. I can't get the SF game here.

They do need to be held accountable for the bad calls.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mularkey is so insignificant he could not even get that point to stick ...

pathetic HC is pathetic

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

come on man!

all that will happen is they will not let these bums refs important games and they will force their lame arses on the Titans .... like the NFL did a few years ago with a lameO crew late in the year. Anyone else remember that? NFL just randomly announced a crew change like wednesday and it put a sad crew on the Titans game when they were scheduled for like Sunday night Evil Empire vs Denver or something

6. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I agree. I like less replay. My point was that if they're going to not make the close calls, then everything should be reviewed, like college. It's unfair to both teams to say that they're only going to get 6 calls correct a game. Either make the call as you see it, or review all calls.

I don't like the middle ground stuff. Either we are going to live and die by the refs, or we are going to get the call right with the camera. The refs opting to not making the calls, but also limiting how often the camera can be used to get the call right ... you're just limiting how often the call can actually get made and guaranteeing that things get missed and messed up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If they could find a way to do it without extending the time of games, I’d be for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Turnovers are an automatic review too. Both plays in question would have been reviewed either way.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yet ....

F the Titans RITP!

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yep.

Another problem with relying on replay to get this kind of call right is CBS and FOX don't treat every game equally. CBS and FOX allocate more resources to games that reach a wider audience. That means there are more cameras, and camera angles for replay, for 4 o'clock games than there are for 1 o'clock games. Case in point, Dallas gained a first down via replay last week because their game had the skycam due to their game being FOX's Game of the Week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar