Can Ruston Webster Make The Right Decisions In 2014 To Keep This Team Competitive?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Since January of 2012 when he first started as GM i think Ruston Webster has done a really good job for this team.In his first draft in 2012 he grabbed Kendall Wright and Zach Brown in the first two rounds and they are doing a good job so far on their respective sides of the ball.He also grabbed Mike Martin,Coty Sensabaugh and Taylor Thompson in the following rounds of the 2012 draft.One thing i like about Webster is he will get rid of a player quickly if they don't work out unlike some GM's who hold players too long instead of admitting they made a mistake.He got rid of Markelle Martin and Scott Solomon when it was clear they weren't going to work out.In the 2012 offseason we weren't able to do much in free agency due to the Manning chase and that was Bud Adams fault not Webster.

In 2013 in the draft he brought in Chance Warmack with the first pick and so far i think we should've maybe have taken a guard later but it is what it is.Justin Hunter will be a good receiver for us in the future and already has a game winning catch against San Diego.I think they need to play him more.Brian Schwenke looks like a great choice so far at the center position.Blidi Wreh-Wilson at CB and Zaviar Gooden at LB were the third round picks.I haven't seen enough of fifth round pick Lavar Edwards at DE to have an opinion on him yet.

This past offseason he brought in Bernard Pollard and George Wilson at safety i think Pollard has gave our defense an identity and made us tougher to play.I think we made a good decision bringing in Delanie Walker at TE.I like what Sammie Lee Hill has done so far on the defensive line.I don't think we've got our money's worth out of Levitre at all he should've been playing much better.At the backup QB spot Fitzpatrick didn't play well in his first two games but he was playing top five defenses.This last game against Indy they gave him control of the offense and he didn't look bad at all.We would've won that game except for special teams miscues and the defense collapsing in the second half which wasn't the QB's fault.Even though he is a backup time will tell in the rest of the season how well Fitzpatrick plays down the stretch.

I'm really curious as to how Webster handles not only the 2014 draft but also free agency this offseason.

Any opinions on what you think he should do this offseason in regards to the roster? I would not mind Webster drafting a QB in the first round and maybe keeping Locker one more season to see if he pans out.If not then we still have the drafted QB for the future.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Most GMs don't survive a bust with a top-ten QB, but I think he's built enough equity with picks like Casey, Wright and the LBs.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol anyone who really thinks lockers a bust needs to get the panties unbunched

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Well what is he? He hasn't won very many games or been healthy enough for half a season...

Keep on riding with him?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What exactly would you consider Locker right now?

6. 520

not a bust.

if anything unlucky
    dudes won games played well. hell stay healthy. shoot I bet a month or two ago nooooone woulda said its possible McCarthy plays more than 2 games without getting injured. well hes still playing.
    hell be a good qb, here or elsewhere. I hope here

7. 520

give him another year, ive even said many times bring in competition through draft or a free agent qb or whatever. but I don't think hell be beat. especially if we get a good offensice coordinator who knows how to play to his qbs strengths. if he comes out and wins the starting job, and he gets hurt again out for significant time, okay three strikes your out kid

but to label him a bust is entirely premature in my opinion

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I hope he's good here too, but the guy has been injured two of his four years at UW and two out of three here. All signs point to him not ever being healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 520

ricky Williams missed plenty of time his first two years, not much after (due to injury)
    Stafford, ive already been over that. he hasn't been so much as scratched since
    im sure theres others who fit this mold, and I hope jake will

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I would like to think he's won games. If that's the case, then I could say Jason McCourty and Michael Griffin have won games too.

I wanted Locker to succeed more than anyone, but how many chances does he need? Being injury prone and still raw is not a good combination at all.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar