Can RROD be fixed?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cayal, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ like I said, methods that don't sound like they'd work

that's on the list of the worst things you could do to one
    literally fighting fire with fire (and probably starting a fire)

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why does it sound like it wouldn't work? The system gets too hot and the plastic piece loses shape so all you're doing is reversing this. It's a temporary fix. Too much of a hassle for me, but yes. It will work.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Weird method to fix it. I wonder how someone worked that out.

I might be getting a 360 this weekend for free. My brother is getting a new phone and they have deals where you get this phone you get a free 360. If it is an arcade I might just trade it in and pay a little extra to get one of the other two.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Puck - there are no CC stores down here. As far as I understand, that is a US offer that will be available on black friday. I didn't know about the CC issues, though.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isn't Circuit City US only?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So the different between XBox 360 (middle one) and the Elite is the Elite has a HDMI cable and the 360 (middle one) doesn't?

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The Elite also has 60gb more of space.

When the Elite came out, it had the advantage of having a bigger HDD and HDMI. But now that every SKU includes an HDMI port, I don't see the point of spending an additional $100/$200 for this... unless you need a lot of space on your HDD of course (and if you like the black finish).

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So if I had a spare HD and a spare HDMI cable I could buy an arcade and it would be the same as the Elite without the backwards compatibility?

I am not sure what XBOX they give with the phone (though I assume it is an Arcade with 5 games) so I want to trade that in to get the next one up. I have a spare Hard Drive around as well so I can put that in and it would be an elite.

Do they use Laptop HDD or normal PC HDD? Do you know?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's the different between Live Gold and Silver membership by the way?

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm pretty sure Gold is the only one that will let you get online and play games. Silver does about nothing, if I remember correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar