Can Kenny Britt last 16 games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're severely underrating Washington and Williams. They may not be full-time No.1's but can certainly step in during Kenny's absent.

What's changed when Kenny gets hurt is that we can't run 4 WR's sets as much as we should. Hawkins is alright, but we're better off when he's not asked to do much.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We see this all too often. The Titans "trying to pug a hole" or learn the system at WR during the season after a key injury etc.
    Getting an at least moderately serviceable vet receiver BEFORE the season starts should be high on the list.
    The difference between guys like Avery being of use appears to be them knowing the offense. Didn't he get his first reception only in the last game?

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I think if Britt can stay healthy for the entire season, the sky is the limit for this offense. (assuming Amano is not snapping the damn football)

At QB Hasselbeck/Locker each have their upsides and downsides but i think both give us a great chance of winning and getting into the playoffs.

We have no reason to belive our pass protection is going to decrease dramatically and our run production can only go up. I think CJ might have something to prove this year, and if he plays like it we all know the sky is the limit for him.

That being said the key to the O in my opinion is Britt and Cook for the simple fact that they can make big plays and just open things up for CJ who while we all may hate it, he is and will be the focal point of our offense.

If Cook continues to grow and Britt can stay healthy they will have to be accounted for and more when they are on the field. I think we could possibly have one of the most dynamic offenses in the making. Best part about it is we will be flying under the radar and not many will see it coming.

So here's to you Kenny Britt, don't get hurt....or arrested.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think Avery should stay. He's a good WR that never really got a chance to break out with us.

5. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

I totally agree!!:brow:

I think we need to improve running game and only way is to correct the OL. I think that with Locker at the helm, and his ability to be mobile, along with CJ can open up the passing game. I also would like to see about getting more on our Defense. We can do well with a receiver maybe 3rd round or 4th. This is just my opinion.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Let me put it to you this way; If Kenny Britt wasn’t on our team at all what would you want to do at the WR position?

If I have a pet peeve this past year, it’s people saying “Well Kenny will be back, so we’re ok at WR.” It’s this naïve kind of thinking that screws us every year. He hasn’t proven he can stay healthy. Has never played an entire season. Why would anyone think he can do so until he proves it?

Just because we have the best WR core we’ve had in a long time doesn’t mean it’s as good as it should be. We’re in a passing league now and we need as many offensive threats as we can get. We need that WR 1B on the depth chart that will pick up the slack when Britt is out. Washington is a good #2, but he’s not a #1. Sure DWill has come along great, but that doesn’t mean we can’t use an upgrade.

This draft is FULL of WR talent. We could get a 1st round WR talent in the 2nd, a 2nd round talent in the 3rd or 4th. Someone like Nick Toon from Wisconsin could be there in the 2nd. Someone like Ryan Broyles from OU could be there as late as the 4th (he’s coming off an ACL injury which hurt his stock, he was originally a late 1 early 2 guy).

Let’s set up Locker and Hasselbeck to succeed by placing talent around them. We need more weapons on offense.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'll give a resounding "NO" in the vote of if he'll be healthy enough to play 16 games.

I'd put money on it, but my gambling site doesn't have those kinds of bets.

8. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

We need Titans to draft a Center and Guard to go along with Hutch. that will fix the ole two for one. Running game and passing game. our current WR's will be fine with Britt. MH is a decent QB and we can win the AFC south.

9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

They will be fine with Britt, but not so much without Britt.

Nate did great last season right after Britt was knocked out, but teams quickly doubled teamed him, seems like every catch he had to pay the price, he kept coming up limping and stuff.

We need to address Britts health issues asap. Williams and Hawkins are #3 and #4 WR's on a good day. Williams even admits he gets tired and gassed late in the game. you cant fix that at this point. without Britt we are stuck with a #2 in Nate and a #3 in Williams and a #4 in Hawkins. Mariani shouldnt even play WR from his last efforts.

imo Wallace is worth the 20th pick. was it confirmed his tender was a 1st round pick? i never seen where it was i just assumed.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Yeah, he's tendered at a 1st.

I'd rather draft one of these guys who would be cheaper and possibly come in and contribute as much as Wallace. He had some problems with drops last year, and he disappeared at times when teams doubled him. I have friends that are Steeler fans (not sure why I associate with them) and they said they hope he goes and that he's overhyped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar