Can Kenny Britt last 16 games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I actually have more faith in DWill than alot of folks...he progressed very well last season IMO, and I am guessing that his confidence will be up from last season (I hear that his biggest problem is between his ears....not lack of smarts, but maybe too hard on himself).

No way would I give up a #1 for another WR right now. We nearly made the playoffs without Britt, and with an out of shape CJ, last season. I think the pick is much better used on D.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Keep in mind that it would not only cost us the draft pick, but a MASSIVE long-term contract as well. I am also worried Britt won't be 100 percent this year, and would like to see another receiver brought in just in case. If the Titans did it, I would'nt call for anyones head or anything, but if I had my way, we'd go cheaper than Wallace and keep the pick. He is a beast though!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't think there are any good WRs available anymore... Unless we trade.

I cannot believe the Texans or Broncos haven't inquired on trading their 1st round pick for Wallace. I sure hope they don't.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No way Texans could afford the contract. Doubt the Donkeys can either after manning.

5. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I hope Kenny can stay healthy. I would've liked to see us grab Meachem or another WR2 for a little more security in the event Kenny could go down. I like the heart that Nate showed last season, but he too took a beating and he's getting a little older. I don't know where to stand on Jared Cook. On one hand he has great physical abilities to be a dominant receiving TE, but I feel like he can't keep his focus on the ball. I can't tell you how many times I saw Hass pelt Cook in the back of the head cuz he wasn't paying attention to the ball. I'd like to see some more mental-football-development out of Cook.

6. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Talented enough to be the best in the NFL? not even close, Megatron is THAT good. He might end up being the best ever including Jerry Rice. Britt is talented enough to be the 2nd best in the NFL though.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Welker was fine the following season after his surgery. In only 15 games he had 86 receptions and 848 yards. His production went down a little, but he was still a very good receiver. And the season after (which was last season) he just happened to be 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards and first in the AFC.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Welker also hurt his knee in the last game of the season. Britt hurt his early in the year. Britt will have had a few extra months of rehab.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Honestly, no I don't think he can stay healthy. I've said all along we should look into a back up for him. However, for this year we have already lost our chance. The best thing we can hope for is the boys step up again when he goes down and maybe sign someone for depth.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

May be we can find an undrafted FA like Cruz somewhere. Regardless, I doubt we add anyone significant at the WR position either in the draft or in FA. May be we spend a late round draft pick on one. That's about it.

Nate had a "breakout" year, and as long as Britt remains relatively healthy, we should have a good receiving core with Britt, Nate, Cook, and Williams is a pretty decent 3rd WR as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar