Can Kenny Britt last 16 games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

He was on track to have a Monster year last season, then he got hurt and Nate got doubled teamed.

Didn't it take Wes Welker a full season to get back to his normal self? I'm worried Britt is gonna be in the same boat, and I'm worried the Titans are not seeing that as an important part of the offense to address this off season.

Hawkins and Williams are decent but are not feared like Britt is. I really think we should give up our 20th pick for Mike Wallace. I know the Defense needs help but so does the QB if Britt goes down again. Just saying if Mike Wallace was in the draft he would be a top 5 pick. so why not give up our 20th?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No it is not a pressing need.

Washington did well last year, even with double coverage. Williams is in position to have a breakout year and Hawkins has stepped up his game. Jared Cook has seemed to come into his own as well. Just goes to show you how some of these guys perform when you have someone capable of throwing the ball.

We have WAY to many defensive needs to give up a pick for Wallace.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I want a WR, but dont want to use our 1st to trade for one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Last I check, welker was on the field 6 months after ACL reconstruction

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Let's wait until next year. If Britt has another injury, we need to get a WR via trade, FA, or draft.

I'd still like to keep Kenny even if he gets hurt again... But he'd have to accept being the #2 or #3 WR.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I think its very plausible we end up picking one up in the draft...depending on what direction the draft goes

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Uh, because we would have to give up a 1st plus sign him to a huge contract.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Interesting idea...not sure if there is an OL or Defensive player at 20 who would be worth the money for what they could for us.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Honestly, every team needs a plan B at every position. Any key player could be lost for the season on any play.

The Titans are in better shape at WR than they have been in a long time. With continued improvement from the QB position, the passing game should be just fine.

Of course the Titans should look to add depth at WR, but it is simply not a higher priority than many positions on defense at this time. As some experts have said, WR is the last piece you add to a championship puzzle.

When Jake Locker is ready to lead the Titans to the playoffs, then the time will come to look to add that impact WR to put the team over the top.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

at this point I'd say probably not, he hasn't shown he can stay healthy for an entire season yet. He might as well be nicknamed Mr. Glass so unless he has the 6 million dollar man surgery the odds are against us. It sucks too because he has the talent to be the best receiver in the NFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar