Can JR do it again?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by oilerstruck, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Manning was a douche using his name etc...At least he was picked by a decent team...The Browns are laughable. Can you really blame him? I'd be scared to death following that up...That said, ya gotta earn it. Just because you are a star in college, doesn't mean you'll do jack in the NFL. Go earn it!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cleveland does have a half decent O-Line, if they can upgrade their center & receiver positions, Watson wouldn't totally suck there.

After Pryor and Duke Johnson that offense is deprived of real weapons tho...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theShoemaker

theShoemaker Starter

I've seen more and more mock drafts putting Deshaun Watson at 6 to the Jets. That could bode well for us if JR is looking to drop back since the Browns have also been rumored to be thinking QB at 12. Let's hope more rumors start swirling that the Jets are going to go QB with their pick. Doesn't mean the Titans have to or would be able to trade back, but it may give us that option.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#12 is look pretty still. After the combine I think CLE would be silly not to take Garrett at #1.. leaving a huge hole at QB (still x last 20 years lol). Luckily, a pick after us sits the Jets who after FA still need a QB. Hoping CLE makes a dumb move and overpays for #5. Or, they tank again and start Brock at QB hahaha

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

It's exciting to look at possible trade situations and the players that can be added. I really like any of Derek Barnett, Jamal Adams, Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, Corey Davis, O.J. Howard, Desmond King, Adoree Jackson, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersley. Nearly any combination of 3 of those players in the first 2 rounds would excite me. It appears that shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

I'm usually a quality over quantity guy and frown on trade down situations, but in this case it seems feasible to get both.

It's fun to play through the possibilities with the mock draft simulators.

Edit: Oops. I forgot to add Zay Jones to that list.

#55 satkins2252, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

I think there is a lot of talent in this draft, even more than last year which had a good bit. I expect J-Rob to find some good players, but my concern is whether they will be the right players. We have our holes, and we don't have the luxury of ignoring them.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I saw on nfl network that this is the highest "rated" draft since 04. That sounds like we need more picks from this class not less. I'd even be ok with a trade back to 20-32 if it landed us a boatload of picks.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

the funny thing is that 2004 draft was hands down one of the worst Titans drafts ever

we had the most picks of any team yet we came away with nobody good.

forget accumulating picks, lets be sure we come away with 3-4 difference makers

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Accumulating picks is the Browns strategy rn. Just basic % style strategy, we like to get more picks as ammo to move up and land the targeted players. Quite the difference.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Any possible scenario where we try to move up in the 1st round?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar