Can Indianapolis Run The Ball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jags are a lot worse when they have Leftwich starting. Garrard was a much better qb and should be their starter, he played a bad game against us, but we couldnt stop him when he didnt throw an int of fumble the ball. He did the same thing to other teams as well. Hes a running qb, and i thought that our defense would be able to do much better against him especially since they had to face Vince in practice who is much much faster.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Sure it does. You watch all the Colts games. you just inadvertantly watch the Titans games two times a year.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Are you serious man? Garrard is one of the worst decision makers in the league and has nowhere near the arm--strength wise and accuracy wise--that Leftwich does. Forget the mobility, because its not that hard to keep Garrard in the pocket. Take 2005 as an example. Leftwich is a very solid QB.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My personal take was that Garrard is the worse qb of the two. But I honeslty have spent little time watching him. The few times I have I felt as though he could not move the team into the endzone. I also wondered at the time, why did they give up on Leftwhich so soon. It seemed paradoxical to me. Garrard did not appear to me to be so much better than Leftwhich that he should start over him. Jacksonville is the worst team in the division if you ask me. And I hae never understood the high ranking. I really haven't. Healthy players are not going to help them.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I guess. I just put a premium on balanced play calling. It seems to me they were getting stuffed so they abandoned the run because they could move the ball through the air seemingly effortlessly. The long runs likely came from exploitation of Lions pass coverage. I mean running on them when they play pass. I just can't figure why the majority of the run plays resulted in practically nothing.
    I suspect that there is a weakness in the running game. We'll see once the season begins when they face better pass defenses.
    Any game I see or read about is a valid topic. You have way too many posts in this thread to say that and believe it. Plus, and I don't want to get personal or bust your balls so I'll water it way down and just say that "I'm not 100% in love with your tone" in regards to the thoughts of myself or others. Be cynical or a skeptic all you like. There is nothing wrong with that. Honestly though you haven't been real likable in my estimation.
    I am but I'm not convinced that their offense is flawless as you imply.
    fair enough.
    I think that they will have lopsided play calling all season. I am likely thinking too much into this but why was Peyton so upset about his protection? Colts line gave up 4 sacks to the NFC worst defense. That's significant.

[​IMG]

I think it has a lot to do with this guy not being there.

[​IMG]

4 sacks? 44 yards lost? That's very un-Colts like. :gag:

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I guess we just wont agree then, Bipolar. But, this is what two Colts fans had to say when I asked them about why they are passing.

(Both are quoted together)

And quite frankly, thats just how I am with my tone. Im not here to make friends...Im here to talk football. If someone is being extremely unreasonable or a huge homer, Im going to call them out.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

And another thing Bipolar, Manning has been sakced twice this whole preseason, so the majority the the Detroit Lions sacks had come against the 2nd team o-line I am assuming.

The loss the Glenn hurts, but Manning has good enough footwork to compensate for a new LT (until said LT can play at a reasonable level)

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's funny, when I say "fair enough" that is a term of somewhat agreement. You don't have to agree with me but I'm raising something in the last post. I'm more or less asking you if there is vacuum where Glenn played. (???) They filled that spot with a high pick and maybe they might have to shuffle the line, but the fact is that it isn't the same offense without #78. They gave up four sacks... is this for all the blitzes? Maybe they blitzed so much it opened up huge opportunities in the passing game? I'm not saying anything here really. I don't have a position so much as I'm looking for an answer(s). Do you read me a little better? btw the posts you provided were a bit helpful. But last time I checked a HB can run by a blitz for gains. May not have been the case... I don't know.

Sorry for telling you that come off unlikable sorta... it's just that those kind of exchanges don't serve my purpose here. Also, it kinda bothers me that you devalue my thoughts on what I see and read and dismiss it as unworthy of forum discussion. I'm here to talk football as well as make friends.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I might come off as a little harsh here...but Im not intending to. I just cant word it any other way.

I said that Manning has only taken 2 sacks this whole preseason--one coming against the Bears. Im figuring the other was against Detroit, but it doesnt really matter. When Manning leaves the game, the 1st team oline usually leaves with him (as it is on basically every team). Those sacks are more than likely because of the 2nd team oline. That oline is not the group that Manning will be playing with come September. The offense isnt the same without Glenn, thats for sure, but it was not as big of a loss as it seems IMO.

And yeah, you can run by blitzes, but its easier to pass against a blitz than run. Perhaps thats why they passed.

Im not devaluing your thoughts...Im not that big of a jerk. I just dont think that questioning whether or not the Colts will run the ball or not is a huge deal. They have always ran the ball and as long as Manning is there, they will be able to run successfully.

And I dont mind being called unlikeable....I kinda like being the bad guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar