Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Can anyone justify Andrew Luck's decision?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Locker made the same decision and the Titans benefited as a result so it ain't all bad.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,033
    Rookies are never going to make as much again. Luck could've had an extra $30 million. I don't think he made a good decision.

But I guess I don't have the right to say that or express my opinion on this topic.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,033
    But he's only making a little less than he would have in 2010. It will be a very different scenario comparing 2011 and 2012 rookie salaries.
  1. Ai2Ai Rookie

Moolah:
    $3
    Life isn't all about money.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,033
    Really, I thought that's all life was about? :rolleyes:
    • Tip Jar Donor

mike75 Starter

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,573
    refreshing to see these guys stay in college an extra year and not get seduced by money.
    • Tip Jar Donor

mike75 Starter

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,573
    i wonder who will be the worst team next year and end up with Luck.if i had to guess i would have to say Buffalo certainly seems to be the first team i think of.i also think that Arizona could struggle next season.also i think Cincinnati could end up in the mix also.
  2. cutter10 Rookie

Moolah:
    $56
    Sometimes when you make a good moral decision, it looks stupid in a materialistic world.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,033
    I have one last pitch for this...

Sometime it's not about what you want. It's about what you can do for others.

Staying in school a year??? Please. Taking an extra $30 million and setting up generations of your family for life OR donating large amounts of money OR starting a charitable organization OR... ETC.

Don't pass up the opportunity to make a positive influence on others life just to be the big man on campus for another year. For $30 million, a year of education and a diploma can wait.
  3. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    Actually, the rookies this year will be making far less. That's why the talent level of last year's draft was much higher. People couldn't explain it then, but the players must have known there was this possibility. We can't sign any drafted players until there is a new CBA, and the new CBA will undoubtedly have a rookie wage scale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.