Campbell may get starting shot next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I have always liked this kid, but not for his talent, unless laying wood is a talent. I always liked his fire. I never looked at him and thought, boy, now that's a great corner. Dunno.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree.. i've been saying that forever. He's a great athlete, but I don't think he has the mental aspect to be a legit corner in the league. That simple.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Like when you are throwing a ball for a dog, then you fake the throw.... Campbell goes after the fake, Verner stays with the ball and tells you, "I see that ball, fool".

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly like that. Campbell is trying to be flashy and get the big plays. Well when you take risks, you get burnt - ask DeAngelo Hall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Campbell is what you call a practice warrior, but when he gets on the field in a real game he blows. I'd try him as FS, what the hell. I just don't see him being a reliable corner in the NFL. It does suck for him when you have Jerry Gray as your D-coordinator though.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Campbell was horrid last night. I am very concerned about our depth at CB. If either McCourty or Verner go down for any length of time then we are in major trouble. It wouldn't surprise me to see us look at a vet CB. Our CB situation now reminds me of our OL situation last yr.

Seriously we have Campbell, Sensabaugh, and a couple of rookies...we have hardly any experience at all. In a league that is more and more a passing league that is not good.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Campbell was pretty bad last night but let's see how he does next week in a starting role. Verner & Mccourty looked much better, but hopefully they both can fit this more aggressive, man coverage strategy; Because I'm not sure either of them have the frame or build for it.

8. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

If cornerback Tommie Campbell is going to wrestle away a starting position in training camp, he’s going to have to be more aggressive.

Campbell allowed a few completions on his side of the field on Thursday, when he came off the bench to replace starter Alterraun Verner.

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans haven’t decided which player might line up as a starter against the Bengals next week opposite starter Jason McCourty.

“I think he was a little tentative,’’ Munchak said of Campbell. “For Tommie, I think when he watches (tape) he’ll probably say “I could’ve done this or I could’ve done that.” But I think as the game wore on he started playing better and better.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar