Campbell may get starting shot next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Tommie Campbell didn’t start Thursday’s game, and he didn’t finish some plays when he got into the game.

The Titans cornerback said he needs to tighten up coverage after allowing completions in his vicinity.

“We didn’t give up any deep balls, but we need to be tighter in man coverages,’’ Campbell said. “I had bad eyes on one play, and I gave up a slant when I guessed, and I can’t do that. I have to play honest. But overall I thought I did OK.”

Alterraun Verner started at cornerback opposite Jason McCourty against the Redskins. Coach Mike Munchak indicated earlier in the week he could alternate Verner and Campbell with the starters in preseason games before making a decision on a starter for week one of the regular season.

“I am just kind of waiting to see what I am told,’’ Campbell said. “I can’t control that. The only thing I can control is how I perform.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

One preseason game is way too soon to write this dude off. I'm all for giving him the start next week.. we have to get a bigger body outside.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Verner looked like the #1 tonight. He didn't get beat deep and was all over the guy in the short and mid game. Plus he's a great sure tackler.

I think the entire CB competition should be opened up. McCourty looked like the #2.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Verner has fire/competitiveness, McCourty has the athletic ability. I don't want Verner on someone like Marshall, but I do on someone like Wayne. Corner is the one position where I believe we have 4 people who could compete to start at #1. Open it up, and get your best player there.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Campbell looked like King Sh*t with a crown of flies. Dude was horrid

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

JESUS! THANK THE LORD!

We've only been screaming for this for years. Tired of seeing McCourty & Verner playing 10 yards off the receiver. The receiver does a 5 yard slant and picks up 5-8 yards consistently. So frustrating.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Campbell was horrible last night...horrible.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I sure hope Campbell doesn't get to start, he was terrible.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He was getting abused last night. He better step it up in a hurry or he might find himself working a mop at the local airport again.

I'd love a big corner with speed so let's hope he takes advantage of the start.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's pre-season, start him.. Lets see what he can do. Everybody has bad games. I'm really high on Coty Sensabaugh however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar