Cam Newton: Where there's smoke, there is fire

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I know you SEC guys have the inside track on everything but I'm sure you guys have heard about this weeks new Cam Netwon scandal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783051

A poor college kid, who doesn't have a job, who's parents church is in danger of going bankrupt, is buying papers online? Do you know how much those cost? How/Why has this been kept a secret until now? What about this stolen laptop he purchased and tossed out the window when the police showed up? Where did that money come from?

The NCAA can investigate all that they want but there is NO WAY they will ever find out about those infamous "booster handshakes"... or will they? Is someone about to blow open the entire Cam Newton conspiracy?

This isn't an Auburn problem, not a Florida problem, not a Miss State problem. This is an SEC minus Vandy problem. Vandy should be allowed to break the rules because watching a Vandy game is like watching paint dry. They need all the help they can get.

There is a lack of institutional control in the SEC and the Cam Newton saga proves that no one wants to play by the rules and that the SEC has successfully loopholed its way out of complying with the NCAA rules. Not only that, but the scummy SEC compliance departments are in cahoots with the coaches and players. They are all guilty of conspiring the defraud the NCAA and conspiring to cover up the facts that may or may not be pertinent to any investigation.

We have stolen computers, stolen research papers, untraceable money, agents asking for money and it seems like the SEC does nothing but collude and conspire with Cam Newton and other SEC schools in order to save face for Cam. So I reiterate, where there is smoke, there is fire, and this Cam Newton saga is about burst wide open because when Pat Forde is on your tail... your *beep* is grass and he's gonna smoke it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

here we go ...

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any bad that happens in the SEC should go unpunished, just because it's the stream that feeds the NFL. And I love the NFL.

Being an athlete on scholarship is not about the education, it's about winning ball games. They're just putting on a show for the committee that has to pretend to care about grades. Now those same people wanna turn the players into the bad guys? Haha, why not just award good student-athletes with the scholarships instead of going into the worst schools/best football programs to scout players?

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

an SEC problem? I guess you missed that whole USC stuff this past summer..:rolleyes:

It's an NCAA problem, period.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Man we almost went 3 posts without it turning into a SEC vs. the World thread ...

6. World Peace

There's a huge difference between Reggie Bush scandal and the alleged Cam Newton Scandal. There is plenty of smoke RIGHT NOW in regards to the Cam Newton Scandal and a Heisman/National Championship is at stake whereas in the Reggie Bush scandal, they had already played the NC game and awarded the Heisman... then all of the information came out after the fact.

This is bad business for the NCAA/BCS. Are we just going to have a national championship vacated every season? Are they just going to vote for the Heisman winner, only for them to take back the award every year? When there's smoke, there is fire, and the NCAA needs to put out this fire so they aren't taking away national championship appearances 3-4 years after the fact and telling football programs WHO PLAYED BY THE RULES AND DESERVED TO BE IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: oh sorry, we knew Auburn/SEC wasn't playing by the rules... Enjoy your consolation bowl appearance though kthxbai! It's not fair to the coaches, not fair to the players, not fair to the uni's and not fair to the fans who have done things the right way only be cheated out of what is rightfully theirs.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

122 uses of it sucks.. get a life.

8. World Peace

Yeah its an SEC problem and not only a football problem. Coach Cal over at UK is trying to loophole his way into getting Enis Kantor, a turkish pro, to pose as an amateur "student" athlete. I guess earning a 6 figure salary in turkey qualifies you as an amateur student athlete.

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It does appear that old Cam has been doing more internet shopping than studying.
    He can however play ball and probably already makes more than the professors that teach him but this is not a situation isolated to one region ,otherwises the SEC would recruit every good player in the country and I know Oregon has a couple of decent players.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Cam Newton should be ineligible just for being stupid. He's been caught three, going on four times. Ineligible on general principle.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar