cam cameron fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Gloat--why do you keep talking about their finishing stretch. We had the same record as them at 6-4, but look at their schedule for the first 10 games were a relative cakewalk.

Let's compare.

Tennessee=Playoffs
    Lions=Sitting at Home
    I take the Titans here

Tennessee=10-6 in the best division statistically in the history of the NFL
    Lions=7-9 in a mediocre division
    Advantage-titans

Tennessee=5-2 against teams .500 or better
    Lions=2-8 against teams .500 or better
    Is there really even a comparison to be made?

I am not guaranteeing that we would be them--you know-the whole "any given Sunday thing", but I'm sure Lions fans would rather be sitting in our shoes right now...

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Of course they'd rather be. Our first 10 games were cakewalks too. But, most teams start the season healthier than they finish also. So playing tougher teams down the stretch is generally harder to do.
    All I'm saying is, when we were both 6-4 - if we had the same opponents from there on, we'd be no better off and also sitting at home.

This division might be good when you look at their records, but there are 2 really good teams in it, 1 good team and an average team. Many other divisions have the same.
    But this is a Titan's board. I get it. Titans are great. Lions are bad. Nothing shocking.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

So how 'bout that Cam Cameron, eh? :brow:
    Whoever comes in, they should have the benefit of a healthy Ronnie Brown carrying the offense, but the age of that defence is frightening and needs to be rectified quickly.

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I don't think it has anything to do with being a Titans Board--go on any Board and ask who they think is better--a 10-6 AFC Playoff team, or a 7-9 NFC team sitting at home. The answer will be near unanimous.

Our first 10 games were significantly more difficult-come on now. If we played their schedule, we would probably be better than 10-6.

What does the schedule at the end vs the schedule at the beginning of the year have to do with anything? Everyone plays 16 games--you have to be able to deal with that. I don't understand why in the world you are trying to make an argument that a 7-9 team is better than a 10-6 team-what sense does that make?

5. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Oh, and 5 of the first 10 games were against teams .500 or better, and 4 of the first 10 games were against playoff teams. I am not sure that is too much of a cakewalk-probably most teams in the NFL cannot claim that difficult of a first 10 games. And Houston would probably be a playoff team in the NFC-they have work to do, but they aren't a pushover any more.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Redskins beat the cowboys twice to make the playoffs. The lions couldn't beat anyone when they needed it.

2 years ago the steelers won the super bowl as a wild card. In 99 we went there as a wild card and the ravens won it all as a wild card in 2000. I know of no team that ever won squat sitting on their asses at home.

The lions were lucky just to be 7-9. They were outscored by opponents by 98 points. Hardly a strong 7-9. The 1998 oiler team that went 8-8 outscored the opposition by 10 points.

What kind of brainstem brags about a team that was outscored by almost 100 points?

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Can't you guys stop talking about Detroit??GHAA!! Freakin IDIOTS!!

[​IMG]

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I would much rather have the whole forum focus on the Lions than ever have the movie that shall not be named brought into the discussion, avvie. You lose serious points for that one.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Avvie, it's not just the lions being discussed a poster claimed that our titans were no better than the 7-9 lions. Lions vs titans?

Besides what the hell do you care what people choose to talk about on a cam cameron board? Are you genuinely interested in the dolphins former head coach?

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You don't know me very well, do you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar