Calling all Donnie Nickey fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Really, not that bad of an idea, if it was cheap. Basically says he should be retained for his skills on special teams. But oh, how I've wanted him gone. I have to give him his props on special teams. Good logic there, as this is one unit I do not want to see decline. Last year, for the first time, special teams became something of a foundation for the rest of the team to build its confidence, one area in which we could accel.

http://support.tennessean.com/blogs/?p=155

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

david boclair has lost his mind.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO there will not be room on the roster next year. We already have a couple of young Safties backing up our starters and certainly with 11 picks in the draft we will look to draft a couple more DBs including at least one safety. Even if that rookie safety is a late round draft pick (good chance we might get a safety earlier) I doubt they would want Nickey on the roster in favor of a player they draft unless the drafted player turns out lousy. I wouldn't doubt we will grab a safety in the draft before the 5th round which almost makes it a sure thing the draft pick will be on the roster.
    Now if we have injuries and draft picks don't work out and Nickey is looking for a job it is possible he makes it on the roster.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Not sure I agree with that article. I never see Nickey in on tackles, or making plays of any kind. I almost forgot he was on the team.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nickey is a Scott McGarrahan type of player. No one notices him unless he screws up an assignment.

He's not a star player & he's never going to compile a highlight reels of his plays but he goes unoticed because he rarely screws up.

You can never underestimate the value of special teams.For the vet minimum & a modest bonus to keep him happy why not resign him?

6. I see him contribute, he's one of the first people to get to the kick returner, and he either makes a good tackle, bumps them off a bit, or completley misses them, he won't be that much of a loss if we let him go as that article is saying...

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I liked Scott ... whatever happened to him ?

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

ST's are hard for us to judge by watching tv, but he hasn't looked spectacular to me. The guy is really slow for a DB, and having depth like that can hurt if he's called up. I find it hard to believe that he's that good at ST's to still have a job another year.

9. hey, he was on the pro bowl mallot:grrhee:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's what i said last year....and the year before that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar