Callahan threw Superbowl vs Bucs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ghost, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I believe the story. It all makes sense. I don't believe the reasoning... but changing the game plan wouldnt have made much of a difference because they had no shot against the Tampa D.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You don't potentially jeopardise your career for spite.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard an NFL player say. That's all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Apparently Jerry Rice is supporting Tum Browns allegations against Callahan. I dont think this is gonna just go away. I think we may have found our off season scandal this year....

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Jerry Rice is a turd. Publicly known for years.

Raiders longest run was 4 yards in the SB. Tampa knew every call they made at the line during their no-huddle periods. That's the reason Raiders lost.

Was the Raiders staff stupid and responsible for not changing the lingo? Big time, it cost them a Super Bowl.
    Was it because the game plan allegly was changed from run first to pass first? - No. Raiders had been a pass first team all year, leading the league in passing yards. That was their strength. Not a mediocre run offence.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds like Barrett Robbins wasn't the only player on the team with mental problems.....

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Does not take much to convince me. At the very least I have always considered Callahan guilty of gross neglegence with the game plan he had. Worst play calling I have ever seen at any level.

The Bucs had the best pass D that year. The only way to effectivley attack them was with power running. Yet the Raiders came out passing like crazy. That year the Raiders split carries between two RBs. A small scat back named Charlie Garner and a big power back named Tyrone Wheatley. Wheatley I do not think even got on the field until late in the third quarter. By then the game's outcome was already decided.

Not saying Chucky and the Bucs were in on it. Not saying the Bucs would have lost. All I am saying is that it always looked to me like the Raiders were not even trying with that game plan. It made no sense at all.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Damn Tim Brown is trashing another former Raider coach? Why's he doing this? Last week he was trashing the Bears new coach.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can understand why Callahan would change the game plan on short notice, Jon Gruden always talks about how easy that game was. He says he knew every play they were about to call, so how can anyone blame Callahan for changing things up?

I guess it was a bad idea using game plan-B, but game plan-A wasn't doing anything either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar