Callahan threw Superbowl vs Bucs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ghost, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Dont know if you guys seen this....

Dont know what to say other than its hard to believe it was intentional.....

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just an old bitter receiver

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There is absolutely no chance a head coach would throw a Super Bowl. Ridiculous.

That's every coach's dream (not CJ) and to even suggest this is beyond stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It is noted that the line calls were identical to grudens that year so the Tampa defense knew everything that was going on at the line....

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Besides that Tampa D was INSANE, one of the more underrated ones of all time IMO. Coupled with Alstott in his prime and McCardell, makes for a solid team all around.

That Tampa team was one of my favorite teams of all time.

6. Ghost

I can believe Callahan was stupid. Pretty obvious if he changes the game plan 48 hours before kickoff....its hard to believe he threw it on purpose. For a chance to hold that title up I would probably push my grandmother down a flight of stairs. To hell with loosing just to help a friend and spite Al Davis. The man would have got some serious dough for winning as well.

I like Tim Brown but if hes gonna lay down those kind of accusations he needs proof and support from his old teammates.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Extremely hard for me to believe. What coach would purposely throw away a chance at being a "Super Bowl Winning Head Coach"?

I'm with Scarecrow, sounds just like a bitter former player making excuses.

8. Ghost

Of course there is the theory that former Titan QB Neil O'Donnell was paid by Jerry Jones to toss the Steelers superbowl against the Cowboys. I have heard that for years.

Hard to believe seeing how he is a sports guy on channel 5 now....but it was Jerry Jones. That guy would sell his soul for another SB.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I hate when people say "I'm not trying to say x happened, but x happened". If you're gonna insinuate something like that at least have the sack to say it with conviction.

10. amy

amy Starter

Crazy people do crazy things. If Callahan hated Al Davis enough, then denying him a SB would certainly be a thing a crazy person would do and get great pleasure out of doing it. Much stranger things have happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar