Calico Still Hampered with Injury and Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How so?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If memory serves, he'd count around $250,000 in dead money if cut from his original signing bonus.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Calico's CAP numbers are not high. He would have to be beat out by Wade or Orr for the last WR spot which probally will not happen.

Read what Fisher said; "He’s got the running ability, the hands and the play making ability to do that." Calico might be the only real deep threat we have.
    Hopefully he can work through the calf and start to show something.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think that is about right. Wade may actually have a higher CAP number.

5. Wade does.

In terms of dead money, it doesn't really matter. The Titans wouldn't take any extra cap hit by cutting him.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it'll shake out as:

Bennett, Givens, Wade, Williams, Roby and Calico. B. Jones will start on the PUP and Orr to the practice squad. I know they talked of Thomas looking good early so the Titans could look to seven WRs as they did a few years back.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Calico will be the 3rd reciever on the depth chart, he will be great at slot, and he is the best deep threat we have.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

PLEASE! Based on what?

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Wade plays well in the pre-season games to give him an extension to lower his cap number. This would lock up our slot guy for 2-3 yrs along with a guy that can return punts. This also woulod avoid going into the offseason with Bennett, Calico, and Wade as UFA.

I think Bennett will want too much money to sign him to an extension now. He will be looking for Givens type numbers. Their production is about equal.

10. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Wade is our number three. He will definitely make the team. Calico will come in in certain packages, IF he gets his head together. Right now, he's practicing with the third team! That's ridiculous for a guy with his talent. He needs to step it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar