Calico- In or Out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 9, 2006.

?

Will Calico Be on the Roster Week 1?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2006.
  1. Yes, once the preseason games start, he'll start making catches.

7.3%
  2. Yes, the titans don't cut high draft picks.

26.8%
  3. No, he's had long enough, and isn't showing enough.

65.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jones hasn't had a horsecollar from Roy Williams yet

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I voted yes, because I think that he will start making catches in pre-season. However, he is as good as gone already IMO. I thought that I heard Fisher say in a post-practice media address that B. Jones has already been taken off of the PUP list. I could be wrong about that. Williams, Jones, and Roby impressed me last year. Bennett and Givens will be starters. Orr just signed a contract and he's got kick/punt return skills. Bobby Wade and Grant Mattos are in the mix too. I think that our receiving core will probably end up as follows:

Givens
    Bennett
    Jones
    Williams
    Roby
    Orr
    Wade... if they keep a 7th, it might be between Mattos and Calico. I don't know how Mattos has been doing lately, but it's got to be better than Calico. "I saw a ball hit him in the face..." NOT GOOD! :irked:

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's double his yards per catch last seaon! :shocked: :doh:

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hate to disagree with you but Calico has zero trade value. While I admit his intangiables will probably get him another shot elsewhere if he is released/not resigned by the Titans, I do not see another team risking more than a chance to make their team.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, but he doesn't catch like he's got on boxing gloves either.:yes:

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I saw Troupe's jersey on sale for $45, which surprised me, guess they just overstocked, I might get it as a backup jersey.

Sukrillux, you have 7 listed, even before calico and mattos. That's the problem. I'm amazed BJ is back from the PUP, I doubt there's much chance that in 4 weeks time he could be put back on it. We're crowded at WR, mattos might make the PS, calico can't and will be gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar