Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Calais Campbell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by metal957, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    Calais Campbell
    Miami (The U)
    POSTION: DE
    HEIGHT: 6'8"
    WEIGHT: 290
    40 TIME: 4.8

Pros: Incredible size and wingspan for a DE. Very good athletic ability for a DE of his size. Quick solid footwork, no wasted steps. Good swim move. Chases plays down from behind.

Cons: Questionable motor. Could have better strength. Not as fast as he could be. Needs alot of work on technique and hand placement. Takes alot of plays off.

This is the guy we need to draft with our first pick. Since the combine most mocks have really our consensus 1st choice, Limas Sweed, goin now in the top 15. With Limas off the board, we need to look at shoring up the spot oposite of KVB. Enter Calais. Straight beast. I'm a U fan and can vouch for him. As you can see he is a physical freak much like Mario Williams and Julius Peppers. His only knock is his motor. However lucky for us we have the highest motor DE in the league to mentor him and show him what it takes. People need to take a look at him.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWbxIWDCgiM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWbxIWDCgiM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  2. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    ran a 5.1 at the combine, isn't strong enough, and runs on his heels ALA Courtney Brown. No thanks, would rather have an undersized guy like Shawn Crable who has quicks. Maybe if he's still there in the second round.
  3. Ubiq BAMF

Moolah:
    $0
    I'm with you, the speed just isn't there. I think our need for playmakers on offensive is more important than taking a big, slow DE.
  4. PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Moolah:
    $0
    He doesn't look like the athletic phenom I heard of before the season. He's an average DE who gets noticed because of his size.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,970
    and apparently the video was taken down by youtube :(
  6. MelKiper'sHair Guest

And stiff as a corpse. No thanks.
  7. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Here is one. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Osd2alqF1dI
  8. Bobo Guest

He looked slow to me this season. I thought he'd have a decent combine, but it was horrible. He's not a first rounder now....maybe not even a 2nd.
  9. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
  10. Yossarian I am Him.

George
    Moolah:
    $38
    I like him for a 2nd or 3rd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.