Calais Campbell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by metal957, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

Calais Campbell
    Miami (The U)
    POSTION: DE
    HEIGHT: 6'8"
    WEIGHT: 290
    40 TIME: 4.8

Pros: Incredible size and wingspan for a DE. Very good athletic ability for a DE of his size. Quick solid footwork, no wasted steps. Good swim move. Chases plays down from behind.

Cons: Questionable motor. Could have better strength. Not as fast as he could be. Needs alot of work on technique and hand placement. Takes alot of plays off.

This is the guy we need to draft with our first pick. Since the combine most mocks have really our consensus 1st choice, Limas Sweed, goin now in the top 15. With Limas off the board, we need to look at shoring up the spot oposite of KVB. Enter Calais. Straight beast. I'm a U fan and can vouch for him. As you can see he is a physical freak much like Mario Williams and Julius Peppers. His only knock is his motor. However lucky for us we have the highest motor DE in the league to mentor him and show him what it takes. People need to take a look at him.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWbxIWDCgiM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWbxIWDCgiM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

ran a 5.1 at the combine, isn't strong enough, and runs on his heels ALA Courtney Brown. No thanks, would rather have an undersized guy like Shawn Crable who has quicks. Maybe if he's still there in the second round.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm with you, the speed just isn't there. I think our need for playmakers on offensive is more important than taking a big, slow DE.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He doesn't look like the athletic phenom I heard of before the season. He's an average DE who gets noticed because of his size.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and apparently the video was taken down by youtube :(

6. And stiff as a corpse. No thanks.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He looked slow to me this season. I thought he'd have a decent combine, but it was horrible. He's not a first rounder now....maybe not even a 2nd.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I like him for a 2nd or 3rd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar