C.J. thinks he’s proven doubters wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we're seeing a combination of a lot of things:

1. The OL is doing a much better job. I think they've altered their assignments and made it easier for them to hold their blocks since they're using the TE/FB to clean out the LB in a few formations. Something can be said of the OL needing some time to get their timing down as well.

2. CJ is running with purpose. He's hitting it up in there and getting what's there and finding, sometimes, he's breaking through. There's much fewer negative runs. He's making people miss. I personally think his problem was more between the ears. He's probably lost a little speed but what he has is more than 95% of RBs in the league.

The question should be will he do enough to earn another season? Right now, I think it's 50/50.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

CJ will never put up the stats he did in his first few years. In those years opposing defences did not play CJ well. They would stack the box hoping to pin him in the backfield. In the end this strategy backfired as it led to a lot of big runs. If they did not catch CJ early he was gone.

Now teams look to contain CJ. A much smarter approach. Meaning fewer big runs.

He is still a strong RB though. And just having him on the field makes things easier for our defence. There is probably no other single player in the league that will scare opposing defenders as much as CJ does.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Statistically this is his 2nd best year. And if you take out the first 3 weeks, probably his best stretch ever. So what are you saying?

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I think his 12 straight games over 100 was more impressive. If he finishes the year with 1500 yards then I'll agree with you though.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Well I recall you and several others saying you could find 15 rb's in the league you would rather have over CJ! Which is crazy if you actually believed that!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

At the time when he was twiddling his thumbs I would, and it was 25, thats how bad he was.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

People also on here were claiming that no defense gameplans to stop CJ anymore b/c he wasnt a threat.......Funny how things have changed. Teams have and always will first and foremost plan to try and stop CJ. THeir main focus is dont let CJ beat us!

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

CJ still scares teams. More than anyone else in the league. They know that every time he touches the ball he could end up in the end zone. There has not been an RB that has scared teams that much since Barry Sanders. I remember watching many a game that Barry Sanders played where it looked like the opposing D had him beat. Had him figured out because they held him to single digit rushing yards into the third quarter. Only to watch Barry catch them slippin and end up with over 150 yeard by the end of the game.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not because he's amazingly good though, but because he's all we got.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

His barry sander-esque stats disagree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar