C.J. takes months off? Damn, that explains some things

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

CJ does look bulkier than before back in 09, that could be the reason for any lost speed or agility.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I find it funny that people here still bash CJ's speed. I swear it seems like people don't understand how speed and sprinting works. Just by watching CJ run, you can tell he's a long striders. Long striders don't necesarrily have the best first step but after 2 or 3 stirdes no one is catching them. There are guys who have really quick turnover (like Wes Welker) which makes them look faster than they really are. Speed= stride length x stride frequency. The only runningbacks I think can even rival CJ in pure speed are CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best.

The safety in the jets game had a great angle, was running full speed, and still couldn't even catch CJ's shoe lace. He may not be the strongest guy in the world, and he may drop a few balls here and there, but his sprinting speed is beyond reproach. He also doesn't take a lot of hits so actually he should be coming into his athletic prime. Won't last too long though, speed drops off considerably after 30 for most guys.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

CJ is an explosive - ridiculous 10-20 yard guy. He could run with the fastest sprinters in the world for the first 30 yards or so and isn't neccesarily a world class 100 meter guy. Now obviously if CJ has a step he is fast enough not to get caught because he is still as fast as most people in the NFL after 30 yards anyway. Does anyone really think a S is going to catch him?

But that is the point of why it makes a huge difference between having a 31st rated run blocking line and a line that is even average. Give a guy like that a few more seams a game and he will make it pay off. The run against the Jets is a classic example. Those opportunities are few when the OL sucks. CJ is not a great wiggle guy who is going to break peoples ankles with cuts. He is a guy who when breaking the LOS can get to the 2nd level so fast he is gone before the defense knows what happened. So his performance is predicated more on there being some kind of seam or something to run through. He isn't going to make a bad OL look good much of the time with his power or change of direction.

This is a team with multiple liabilities at multiple positions and CJ isn't one of them. So people should just leave the guy alone and wait to see if this FO can re-build the interior of the OL, and the coaching staff can fix the scheme mess Palmer brought for the run game. Then judge CJ.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

1,463 carries says differently sbout taking alot of hits...and im pretty sure spiller is bigger (not by much but still) than cj....and you cant pay a guy that is strictly a "long strider" 10+ million a year....

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

you two are both trying to defend cj and contradicted each other

6. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

i will just say that last year i was on here reading this garbage and it was totally different. most everyone was talking about how cj was hitting the weight room and bulking up. posting pictures of him, articles of him lifting weights. the extra pounds were good, thats what i wanna hear, yada, yada, yada,.. now he sucks , wont hit the hole, we should have cut him, etc.. like it or not he is still one of the fastest and best rb in the league. dude wants to win as bad as we do, and any other player that grows up dreaming of playing in the nfl. this is why i only have a few posts and seldom comment. i go to several games a year , i support the titans good or bad. but if your gonna bash be consistent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I respect Soxcat's opinion but I humbly disagree. From what i've seen of CJ it typically takes him a few steps to really get into gear.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Oh lord.... palm meet face

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Are you done stroking your ego?

Who the *** cares the man ran for over 2k in a season and has been the 2nd most productive RB since he entered the league. What did your awesome bench number equate too?

You don't like his style either? Wah you'r grasping for straws and stereotyping off on one picture the one with that green tak top and cut off jean shorts. Should we group you and say you look like every other Zac Brown Band fan?

Kevin Durant how is that working out for him? What a freaking loser he can score for days but can put 4 plates on a barbell and bench it.

the best athletes are usually not the best weight room lifters. Rennie Curran would be Mike Singletary if that was true.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

That would be Kevin Durant..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar