C.J. slows down after he is behind the defense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Why? Well, he can. That's why. Personally, I would like to see how bad he can beat everyone to the end zone once in a while. I'd like to see him in 5th gear all the way to the goal line. That would shut those "that guy almost caught him" people up. It's obvious Chris loves attention, and let's face it, he deserves it, and isn't getting enough of it. The faster he is to the eye the better. I guess what I'm saying is, just leaving everyone in your dust is more impressive than taunting people before scoring. Agree?

2. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

He is just slowing down so they can catch up to kiss his a**

3. tnyou

tnyou Guest

The last game I remember seeing him running at full speed all the way was the Rams-Titans pre-season game 2 years ago. It was his first TD, and he beat the saftey who ran a 4.5, even though he had 30 yards of angle on him. Amazing athlete.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Honestly, I'm not going to complain about him scoring touchdowns the wrong way...

This thread defines "pushing the envelope"

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

It takes a lot out of him to run full tilt for 85 or 90 yards. If you watch he usually gets an oxygen mask after one of those long runs. If he doesn't need to use all that energy, then its good that he is saving some of it for latter in the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

This..either it is early in the game and he needs to save his energy or it is late in the game and he is tired after already busting off several long runs.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I'm not real crazy about the showboating stuff....but at least he finally stopped sticking the ball out where a defender could slap it out of his hand.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I think he slows down once it's clear he's going to score and they wont catch him

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

his big TD run last week was a little close, his knee was really close to hitting outside the endzone. all because the slowed down. I hope he doesnt have a DeSean Jackson moment and throws the ball down before it's across the line.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The only problem I see with it is that he's likely to get hurt slowing down and getting tripped up at the end by a heel grab. And as much as he gets caught at the end, he still slows down like he thinks he's got way more of a cushion than he really does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar