Bye week boosts Titans’ health

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans won’t have an official injury report until Wednesday, but it looks like the bye week has been a boost for at least a few players.

Defensive end Derrick Morgan, who missed the Titans’ last game against San Francisco, said he practiced fully on Monday and that his injured shoulder felt good.

In addition, tackle David Stewart, who’s been hampered all year by leg and ankle injuries, said he’s planning on full practices for this entire week – something that hasn’t happened yet this season.

Running back Shonn Greene, who had one carry against the 49ers, said the bye week gave his injured knee that much more time to recover. He says he’s now likely to return to practicing regularly.

As for middle linebacker Moise Fokou, he said he did not practice Monday because of his injured knee. But Fokou, who missed the San Francisco game, said he doesn’t think he’s too far away from a return.

“I feel good, but it’s still sort of day to day, week to week,” Fokou said. “They’re monitoring me and making sure I’m moving right and moving pain-free … I could be back out there this weekend or be back next week – it’s just up to the trainers and the coaching staff.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yay

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

How long before Stewart is hurt again?

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

He's like Crutches. Only difference is he actually gets out there on Sunday and plays decent ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Glad to finally have Greene back. He has the vision to go along with the power that Battle has been lacking so far this season.

Also glad to see Morgan back. Didn't even know he missed the San Fran game.

Can't afford to drop any more we should win. Need to sweep Indy and shoot for winning the division.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

any chance Indianapolis falls to Houston this week

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

What about China-doll Gooden?

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You need to stop that statement after the word "plays" as he has not been too good this year.

9. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

i dont like for guys to stay injured - but i prefer McCarthy over Fokou so part of me is glad he knee is still bothering him.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I understand why one might prefer McCarthy, he was awesome his rookie year when he took over Barrett Ruud (hated that signing). But I think Fokou has looked better than McCarthy this year. Colin looks pretty weak against run support.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar