BvS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XO, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's what I'm saying. He's all action, no substance. Like a Michael Bay movie

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Which imo is exactly why he could be the perfect choice for this particular role. Batman and Superman are going to be busy fighting each other for the most of the movie and Doomsday is the kind of character you can throw in the mix without a ton of setup and he's still a legit threat. I've honestly never been crazy about Doomsday but I could see it working within the context of this movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So after a few pages of reading on this subject, I think we can conclude that BvS is going to be a hot and steamy pile of chit.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

No, it'll be entertaining... just highly debatable on whether it is good or not.

5. Aqutis30

Fair enough. I'm sure I'll be dazzled by the CGI and cool looks, just have to see if it has much substance.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

My only issue going in is how convoluted it could be.

The reveal of Doomsday being a Lex creation should be AFTER the final climax of fighting Doomsday. That reveal should, in my opinion, be a sort of cliffhanger for the "next phase" of DC films.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We haven't seen nearly enough to be making any definitive judgments on the film itself IMO. Stills and trailers don't always do a film justice.

I will say though, as a legit Batman fanatic I am not quite as excited about this movie as I usually am when a new Batman flick rolls around. Maybe it's just that I'm not a big Superman fan or maybe that I found the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel to be pretty overrated and this film seems to be borrowing some elements from that. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still pumped. But it's nothing like any of the Nolan trilogy, or hell even Batman/Returns/Forever (but I was a kid then lol).

I do seem to be in the minority though in that I think Affleck was a great choice and is going to rock it as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

8. Aqutis30

The 2009 Star Trek trailer is one of the best trailer I've ever seen and it hyped me so much that the movie itself was a huge let down.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really liked that movie. But yeah, it works both ways. Sometimes the trailer makes a movie look better than it actually is and certainly the opposite can be true. These days it just seems this mob mentality takes over and people are so quick to crucify a movie before anyone's even seen it. And in the case of BvS it's still a year away. Yet a lot of people were s***ing all over it as soon as they saw the first still image.

10. Aqutis30

I agree, but don't get me wrong. I really liked the movie, but the trailers can set the expectation bar so high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar