Buying Other Teams jerseys

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by TBaker34, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Im thinking about buying a cheap Clay Matthews jersey. Been a fan of his since he was at USC. So I was gonna buy his jersey. What do yall think about buying a players jersey that isnt on your favorite team.
  2. steverife

steverife Starter

As an adult, I don't wear jerseys.

When I was in high school, I had all sorts of jerseys. Teams I liked, players I liked, obscure jerseys that I thought looked cool, etc, etc.

It is a shirt. Buy whatever shirt you want.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Yea I feel you on this. I too had tons of jerseys and hats of other teams as a high schooler, but now as a grown up, I find I only wear my #28 Titans jersey to the games I attend. If I bought another jersey, it would only get lost in the closet. I'll maybe pick up a Packers t-shirt for $20.
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

I own 3 sports shirts:

Juventus
    Duke Lacrosse (haha)
    &
    Barcelona

I need to get a titans shirt but they always look really stupid (light blue).
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Hmm........

I can certainly relate to being a fan of a player on another team.

Buying another teams jersey doesn't feel right though. JMO
  6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo) Tip Jar Donor

Nothing wrong with being a Fan

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with buying a jersey of a favorite player. But it helps in some ways if the player isn't on a team that is a major rival of the Titans.

Any team in the NFC is fine because they only play that specific team every 4years, and win or lose it almost never means the same as beating an AFC team. (Except for the Rams as they beat us in the Super Bowl).

While I currently own many Titan jerseys, I also own a Black Adrian Peterson jersey, home red Larry Fitzgerald, 2008 ProBowl Adrian Peterson jersey, and Drew Bree's Super Bowl jersey.

Teams in the AFC that we have played many times in the playoffs or have knocked us out of the playoffs are on my hate list, so I won't like any player on their teams unless they happen to have gone to my college, but I still wouldn't buy a jersey of theirs. Teams like this are Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Raiders, Chargers, and Ravens.
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I used to have a Vick and Emmitt jersey back in the day.

I still have my George, Kearse, McNair, and VY jerseys. Those were the only ones I had until I got my CJ jersey right before the 2009 season begin.
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

If I saw a guy wearing a Matthews jersey I'd automatically assume his favorite team was the Packers. I couldn't bring myself to even put it on in the store. I'd feel like I was betraying the Titans, but that is just me.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo) Tip Jar Donor

Good Point

I can understand why you would think that. In public seeing any jersey on someone makes you think they are a fan of the team. I personally only wear the Bree's jersey outside in public. And that is only when the Titans games is over and its like Monday night football with Saints. Or watching the playoffs after the Titans have been elimiated.

Trust me though, I greatly prefer wearing my different Titans jerseys
  10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

you know... you can just get a casey matthews jersey whenever we draft him in april rofl...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.