Bush? or Vince? or Leinart?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The619RBush, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He excelled at punt/kick returns as well. He seemed like he would never be tackled in open space throughout his entire career. I guess that's about it.

My issue with Bush is I never see him break a tackle when someone gets both arms around him or push the a defender backwards, even if it's a defensive back.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Dude, then you have not seen enough USC games because he does that plenty. I live in Pasadena and see USC all the time. He can break tackles and drive the defender backwards. I saw him do it last night in the Rose Bowl. The guy is amazing and we would be fools not to draft him if he fell to us.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah. Co-sign.

By no means is he a power back, but he's elusive and has freakish athleticism. He's going to be special, mark my words.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

the dude can fly too, see his dive for a TD last night.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I've seen him play 6 or 7 times. All I know is a 200 lb running back won't survive in the NFL as an every down back. I see him run through arm tackles, but when he has to hit a hole and meet someone, he drops. He doesn't show me the LenDale style carry a defender with me for two yards leg drive. When he gets to the secondary and a D-back gets two arms around him, he doesn't hop out of it. Maybe he will put on 20 lbs, not lose any speed, and be the next LT. I don't think so, though.

6. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

Could we possibily pick up Vince Young....??

I heard on the radion that Steve McNair was at the game, and shared words with Young.... hhmmmmmm.... It would be nice..:lol:

7. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

I wont lie if Bush is there im jumping for joy, and the thought of me jumping is scary, but my only concern is if he can carry the load more than 12-15 times a game? If not why not get a QB who touches the ball every offensive play? I havent seen him play enough to know thats the only reason i ask.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

actually contrary to popular opinion, Bush has ran up the middle quite a few times, and done well, he also has a good number of broke tackles, he's actually quite strong in his small frame, he's compact but has a lot of power.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Do we really want to use our 1st rd pick and our 3rd rd pick on Running backs? Reggie Bush may be great, but that's a hell of an investment on a single position.

I really want Leinart. I think he is the best QB available and we can clearly build around him. If NO take him, trade down (Ferguson or Bush or Young (if he declares) will still be there and the price to trade up should be high.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well if we get bush then TH is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar