Bus Cook is failing McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe the players are there for daily workouts but the next OTA is in a couple of weeks. McNair wants to be able to workout there.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Sorry to be dense, but let me make sure I've got this straight. If the Titans lose out and are forced to cut him or let him in and they opt to let him in, that means he's back working out almost immediately after arbitration (probably within 24 hours).

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I assume that would be the ruling. Whether or not he does it would be in question.

4. Broken Record

Exactly. I would think that if it all shakes down that way, he probably wouldn't show up for workouts until something is settled with the contract.

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think that this grievance has very little to do with the Titans not letting #9 work out at their HQ. It seems to me that he was wanting to be a starting QB for 3-4 more years. I think that all of the talk of drafting a QB in the first round got Steve to thinking about how long of a future he will have here. Let's say the Titans actually drafted Reggie Bush... assuming he was still available to us. I think that McNair may have been more willing to work out a contract with TN. Everyone thought that bringing Vince to town would help correct the McNair situation, but in fact, it makes Steve want to leave more. Everyone's Vince crazy now (and everyone should be) and McNair's days here are numbered. I also think that McNair was told by his agent to "blow up" some minor issue to help get released more quickly. The media took the "McNair's Locked Out!" story and ran with it. That's just what Bus wanted to happen. Steve is already in a purple jersey... in his daydreams. Let's make it real... sooner than later. I understand that the hearing must come and go before anything can be done officially, but don't drag it on until July... Who want's a "team leader" who doesn't want to be your team's leader?

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Ironically enough, May 16th.

7. Broken Record

Now that is just spooky.

8. I like many Titan fans thought Mcnair would have a better chance of working out a contract if we drafted Vince Young

I also thought that Mcnair wouldn't mind being the tutor to Young, show him the ropes of the NFL, how to get it done on the field. I thought Mcnair was willing to do that, and then leave in a couple of years to a team heading for Super Bowl glory, and grab a ring before retiring.

Now Mcnair is heading to the Ratbirds, I feel now that even with my love of Mcnair, I will curse his soul, boo him like heck and dream of him getting smaked to the ground by KVB and hoping he doesn't get up as we destroy the Ratbirds!!!

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Now that's harsh! As long as it's a temporary, "out for game" injury, I suppose. :ha: Nah, McNair is a good guy... he's just disappointing all of his fans...

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I heard John Clayton on ESPN last nght. His final words were something to the effect of....."Steve McNair wants to be a Raven but the Titans are holding him back right now".
    For some reason that resonated with me more than any thing I have heard thus far. IF the statement is correct, it really made me realize something (and I love McNair for everything he has done and given for all of us).....
    If Mcnair "WANTS TO BE A RAVEN"...if that is how he feels and does not want to try to work something out, and really WANTS to be a Raven......
    Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar