Bus Cook is failing McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's clear that McNair isn't going to sign a new contract with the Titans. It's also clear that the Titans are not going to just cut him and let him go without compensation. Right now, Steve's career is on hold until the Ravens ante up.

It's Bus Cook's job, as Mac's agent, to get the trade going. As much as we hate Drew Rosenhaus, he'd have gotten a trade down by now. He got a trade worked out for Carlos Hall. Bus has McNair a new contract all worked out in Baltimore yet he can't convince them to up their trade offer from a 5th round pick to a 4th round pick?

Now, maybe the gears will start to turn once the greivance hearing is done. But I don't think that outcome is going to cause the Titans to cut McNair, so the delay makes little sense to me...

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You think the team will allow McNair back in the facility even if their ploy is to hold out for a better trade and not to keep 9 for 2006?

3. Yes, if the other alternative is to cut him and get nothing. They know the Ravens want him. And they know the Ravens won't want to wait until the last minute to get him.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

so star, basically were just waiting for the grievance hearing to come and go and see what comes out of it?!

5. Broken Record

I'm not sure I agree, but supposing it goes down that way, Titans lose the arbitration and agree to let McNair back in to avoid cutting him and getting nothing in trade. When would the next team activity occur that would have to include McNair? I don't keep up with the offseason schedule well enough to know. Would there be a practice or voluntary workout that day or would it be several weeks before another team activity? Could McNair come work out at BSP whenever he felt like it?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No way the Titans keep McNair if they rule he should be released or allow to work out. McNair could feign injury to expedite his release/trade.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or we could stuff him up by putting him on IR and freeing up the Cap some other way.

8. Steve wants a new long term contract. That doesn't help him.

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The other this is that after all this, if Steve wants out of Tennessee, do you really think he's going to show up and start working out if the arbitrator says the Titans have to let him? No. This grievance is all about two things...

1. Precedent. The NFLPA doesnt want teams to be able to lock indivudial players out as a way to force contract negotiations or protect value in future trades.

2. Bus and Steve are hoping that the outcome of this ruling will be the Titans are forced to release McNair. I dont see that happening.

10. Broken Record

This is on Titansradio.com

Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher brought his 2006 Titans back to the practice field for the first time since the draft Tuesday.

The one-day session will be the final lone practice before multi-day on-field activities take place later this month and in June.

Does anyone know when "later this month" is? I'm guessing that will be the first time they have to deal with Steve participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar