Bummer: More iHate

Discussion in 'Gear' started by avvie, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I talked to my buddy Brian a coupla days ago, and told him about my iPhoto
    problem. He owns a Mac store, ya know. He then told me about the new iMovie program: "Dude, it sucks sooo bad!" Yep, it appears that instead of upgrading, Apple actually dumbed it down so much that it's useless to anyone who's ever used their software...a swift kick in the nads to the customer base. He is declining to offer any support for it at all.

Not sure about the details on this, but it seems that GarageBand has problems opening project files, and currently new GB files can't be imported to Logic Pro....claims that Logic upgrade is necessary. This is bad, because it means that a necessary update is coming, and it probably won't be called Logic any more because that name belongs to EMagic, and Apple doesn't like that.

*Sigh*..what a bummer. I finally buy some cutting edge software, and it turns out to be ****.

2. iMovie was basically rewritten from the ground up. From what I've heard, they left out some of the earlier features but made it far easier to use. There is some speculation that some old features weren't added back because of time constraints but that they could be added in free upgrades when they are done. Either that or they just decided that you'd have to buy final cut express to use them, but we'll have to see...

Also, the old version if iMovie is available for free download for iLife '08 owners if you don't like the new version.

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Steve Jobs has a good history of kicking the consumer in the nads.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ and Bill Gates has a deeper, more intense history of the same

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:yes: But i'm talking about outside computers. Microsoft delivers with the Xbox and X360. Apple doesn't touch gaming. The zune is arguably much better than any ipod too. So i think, overall, Gates>Jobs. Especially with his new 1 billion dollar program to replace x360s.

Computers, Jobs>>Gates.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't say X-Box has been overly successful in the gaming industry.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

A lot better than the big goose egg Apple released.

8. Red ring of death. But that aside, the 360 is quite good.

But you can't compare Apple, who doesn't have any stake in the market. MS is one of the big 3 there. On the flip side, Apple completely dominates the online music industry and are ahead of everyone else in video as well (we'll see where that goes). And now they are making brilliant phones, unlike Microsoft.

No, there is no argument. Not only is the iPod far better, but it is dominant in the industry.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

where'd you hear that ?
    from the 326 people that actually own one ?

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh dear god please not another flag versus fruit thread....I was talking only about a program.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar