Bum Phillips dies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Title kind of says it all. RIP Bum

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

RIP

I got the ScoreCenter update and was scared it was Bud for a second.

3. EC2k BOP

EC2k BOP Starter

Luv ya blue! RIP

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Being from Houston and not coming from a city with much sports success up to that point, Bum Phillips and the late 70's Oilers and Luv Ya Blue was the closest thing most of us had ever known to major sports success. The Astros and Rockets didnt really get good until the 80's so my fondest teenage sports memories were of those Houston Oiler teams. Bum was one of a kind. I actually had the pleasure of meeting him a time or 2. He was a gentle soul and the genuine article. I hope Bud and the Titans do something in his honor.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Phillips family and all those close to Bum. I am sure it was alot of folks.

RIP Bum

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I became a fan of the team his first year as head coach of the Oilers. One of the first coaches to implement the 3-4 defence. One of a kind. He was the king of Houston... 90 years old. Dude had a rich, rewarding life. Luv ya Bum.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

loved the Campbell Oilers. Would not have been the same without Bum

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

He certainly lived a good long life. Rest in peace, Bum.

9. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Dies on the night of the biggest rivalry of our home town. One of the most recognized coaches coming out of our area. R.I.P. Bum!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar