Bulluck's Contract Status Update Thread...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

A good point you make about him not making pro bowls because of our teams market. Simply being a Titan may have cost him the Hall of Fame.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really like what you said here, and I'd be interested in your opinion. Would re-signing Bulluck longterm benefit the Titans from how NFL free agents and draft picks look at our organization?

I think so. I think how an organization treats its players must factor in the decision making of a free agent. (Not as much as money, of course)

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm telling you that he is actually keeping it real. It's seriously not about the money because he signed a very lucrative contract at the time of his 2nd signing. It's not about how much money the Titans will offer him, it's about him not expecting them to offer him anything. Quite honestly, if they give him a decent offer he would probably accept it based on his ties to Tennessee.

On the other hand, Keith loves the limelight and thoroughly enjoys the "Mr. Monday Night" moniker. It would be very tempting to sign with a big market team. The Titans have a mini-market with no more than 7 beat writers attending practices. The players have a close relationship with the local media, so there is a level of comfort that the players have with the writers and feel free to say whatever. Well, there's one particular writer that the players don't feel so comfy with.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Tennessee is known as a good organization in general, but Bud has a bad reputation in his dealings with veterans.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sorry, but the phrase "keeping it real" has never added any value to anything for me.

Really? He's expecting the Titans to offer him nothing? You've said this several times, and I still find it to be an unbelievable statement. I can't picture ANY scenario where the Titans literally didn't make an offer at any point. He may be willing to take less, which is great. If that's true, then he's staying.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Over payment of wycheck is not applicable to this situation because wycheck had to retire from a concussion.

One guy made a smart :grrr::grrr::grrr: comment about our young OLB. Well since keglar was only a rookie last year and mcgrath just drafted we don't know yet but both are 4th rd picks and both have the speed and quickness to play that position. Both were drafted with the idea of starting in the future and certainly that is the plan.

If we did what i suggested and either gave bulluck a 1 year extension for 2010 or simply did nothing and franchised him for that year that buys us enough time for those guys to learn the system and for our coaches to fully evaluate their readiness. We would still have 2 drafts to get more talent at that position if they decided to do that.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is a cap issue plain and simple. If bulluck has declined to the level of an average or slightly better than average player why pay him $8M when a guy like mcgrath or keglar would count just $800K against the cap playing at the same level?

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bulluck isnt that great imo. ive always complained about his hitting and tackling. either way i dont care what happens here.

All i know is we could improve at LB right now.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar