Bulluck's Comment on Collins vs. Younger QBs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HornedToad10, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I figured this was worth it's own thread for discussion. Based off this comment, I'd stick with KC until/if he really struggles or VY lights it up in practice. KC seems to have the defense, or at least Bullock's, trust right now.

"I like how, with 6 minutes left, Kerry came in and commanded the game," Tennessee linebacker Keith Bulluck said. "He showed his poise and his leadership qualities in that last drive when we scored. Being a 14-year vet, with all the things he's done, I don't care how much talent a young quarterback has, they don't have that. They haven't played enough games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281005033

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We'll stick with Collins for the rest of the season I'd say (barring injury or a complete brain fart). I don't think Bulluck was referring to Young but just contrasting Collins and Flacco and where they are at this stage in their careers.

3. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

That's also possible. I didn't really consider that. I was just surprised by how explicit the recommendation was, and even if he wasn't referring to Young, it's inevitable that people wonder whether he was or not with the situation going on.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Keith's made several comments that make me think that he has a strong preference for Kerry. I have to agree with him, for this season at least. Vince would not have won that game for us today.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think he is relieved that the QB can get the job done and take some pressure off the defense (and who can blame him).

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

But was he not responsible for the pressure on the defense today? He just got himself off the hook at the very end--which is all to his credit, but you can't say that he didn't put the defense in bad situations.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, didn't Vince have a few game winning drives in his first two years? obviously the two that stick out are against Houston and New York.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The confidence that in those situations the QB can lead the team to a game winning score..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar