Bulluck Wants Young to Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

hey...i seem to be in the minority on being all right with Bullucks comments to the media...that's fine...

you guys seem to think that bullucks comments are going to undermine coach fisher, and i'm assuming here, give the media something to talk about which could become a distraction. And the result of those things would be what? Losing?

Check...already getting our butts whipped...

I think his comments would have been worse if he was dogging collins...but I didn't read it like that...he was fair to collins and praising and confident of Vince...I think that is a good thing...

now vince not only knows he has the blessing of the team's best player (which he probably already knew from private conversations), but that the team leader is willing to say so in public, which represents an even bigger endorsement...

To me these comments are either going to have no effect or a positive effect. i don't see how it will be detrimental to the team...

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

the only thing missing from his quote wwas at the beginning he should have said "on behalf of the whole organization and all its fans..."

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Why wouldn't you play him against certain teams?? He's going to have to play against them sooner or later...

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i guess the logic is that he may either be 1.) overmatched b/c those teams are so good or 2.) hurt b/c those teams can blitz so good...

but I don't like those reasons b/c Collins will also be overmatched which will cause Young to play anyway (see Chargers game)...and Young will be able to take much more punishment than collins on blitzes and he will be able to avoid them easier...

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I hear what you're saying Zack.. I just think that when other players see Bulluck questionning Fish in public, cos that what he's doing, they may lose a little respect..
    OK the upshot of it all could be that Fish goes, and we get to where we want to be sooner, ie VY starting and all that.. Just think it may have been better with Bulluck saying it to Fish..
    I want VY in there anyhow.. I thought there were going to keep him on the sidelines all season 'learning'.. if they're going to give him a series here and there just make him the starter and be done with it
    I completely agree with what Bulluck said, he's a legend as it is.. just think he could have kept it out of the media for now..

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Exactly. If Fisher says Collins is the starter and Bulluck tells the newspaper he thinks Young should be the starter, that's Bulluck saying he thinks Fisher is wrong. What's next? Bulluck's proposed starting lineup each Saturday in the Tennessean?

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm guessing there is a lot of disagreement on every football team...

if lamont thompson said the statement, I would think he could have just been quiet...but I think bulluck has earned the right to be vocal...it's not like he isn't doing everything he can to help the titans win...

and his tone wasn't all that negative...i thought he was fair to collins and praising of vince...

how will this hurt the titans? will this start a revolt among players? no. Will this put bulluck in the dog house? no.

What it will do is give vince more confidence...

are you guys against the comments from bulluck questioning his teammates effort?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060922/SPORTS01/60922003/1027

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Bulluck's comment goes to show just how much respect and faith that even the best players on the team have for Collins. The best of the best who practice daily with these guys can see the strides that Young has made. Young has a better feel for this team than Collins. The offense is designed more for a mobile QB and always has been. I say, since they went and screwed up the QB position so bad anyway, why not just go ahead and start Vince. He is the kind of guy who learns from mistakes. Vince doesn't get "down on himself" for throwing INTs. He learns from it and moves on. Not all QBs need the 1 to 3 season clipboard time to learn the speed of the game. This guy wants to WIN! How can he do that from the sidelines? Start Vince versus the Cowpies and let the VY era begin!

9. i totally agree with what bulluck said so im with u

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't see anything wrong with Bullucks comments.
    That's his opinion, he never said Fisher was wrong or that the team was divided against Fisher,
    he just gave his own opinion of who he'd like to see start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar