Bulluck Wants Young to Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In an interview yesterday, LB Keith Bulluck admitted he wanted rookie Vince Young to start at QB for the Titans. "I just have to be honest and say I’d rather just go ahead and go with Vince," Bulluck said. "Kerry Collins has the experience and he’s played a lot of football in this league, but Vince is hungry. He has that drive that will definitely inspire a lot of people on his side of the ball. Of course he’ll make mistakes because he is a rookie, but if we’re losing we might as well go with the future." Young is often asked when he thinks he'll start. "You have to see what coach says, I am waiting on that time," Young said. "I want to show good progress each week and get better and better as the weeks go on."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hmmmh. I find this quote by Bulluck particularly interesting.

"I’m trying to get things started because I don’t know how much longer I’m playing football for. So we need to get this process and this show on the road because we have guys here with great talent that want to win."

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yes, I do too... I think he's saying that "hey, I've been here for 7 years! hello... let's get this thing on the move during the peak of my career!"

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Bulluck is getting out of line with the press in my opinion. I guess reporters have found out he's good for a quote. While I often agree with his position, I don't think he should be arm chair coaching the team through the media.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It is a bold statement. Not enough to cause trauma to the team or Collins no matter how it turns out, but it is bold. He's really just saying out loud what everybody is saying on the inside. And coming from your team leader, could have impact. It will force Fisher to discuss the issue seriously instead of coming at it from an immovable position. Bulluck represents the team and that speaks loudly.

Personally, I like it cause I'm a Vince Young dude.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I don't know if it was exactly his place to say that. But because it obviously reflects what others on the team feel, as well as fans, I'm glad he relayed the message. Bulluck for Prez!

By the way, Bulluck and Hope lead the nation in total tackles right now.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bulluck likes to talk. He said it well, in a way that doesn't hurt Collins, but stated it as his opinion. He wasn't speaking for the rest of the team, and it wasn't a negative thing. I was VERY surprised at the quote about not knowing how much longer he'll play. He signed a 6 year contract and this is the third season, right? Wouldn't you imagine he'd play another couple of years after that, barring injury?

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i have no problem with bulluck saying he wants young....

I think you are seeing Bulluck and Haynesworth a little more vocal than most, b/c they feel they have the leverage to do so. Both are our best 2 defensive players and players that every team in the league wants. The titans need bulluck and haynesworth more than they need the titans, so that will let them have the leaway (sp?) to speak their mind more...

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't disagree with Bulluck, I just don't think it's a linebacker's job to make starting quarterback comments to beat writers. I'm sure his comments would have been much more effective if made in private to Coach Fisher, Coach Chow, or even Schwartz for that matter.

There's not any way to interpret Bulluck other than, "I think Fisher is screwing up." Is Fisher screwing up? Probably. But it doesn't help anything to have Bulluck pointing it out to the world.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, that would only get him benched, just look at Volek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar