Bulluck Tired of Losing Along with Those Who Accept It

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm telling ya, Schwartz has lost the team (according to someone in the locker room). It's going to take some serious communication by Schwartz and the players to get it right. Or like Bulluck said, get some different players in the line-up.

Players still respect Fisher except they think he protects "his guys" too much. Same sentiment they had last year when they felt Fisher was "babying" Pac-man.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who said Schwartz has lost the team?

Notice Bulluck wasn't critical of the scheme (or lack thereof), or the coaches. He points his finger to teammates who worry about where they rank on the depth chart instead of winning football games.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Same thing. It's the coaches job to make sure guys are not just on cruise control.

On another note, are we getting Kevin Carter back?

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'd like to know which player(s) said Schwartz has lost the team as well.

And seriously, we're an informed group here. Surely we can make an educated guess at which starter(s) Hope is calling out? Is it Pacman? Thompson? Hill? Sirmon? Haynesworth? Starks? I doubt it's KVB, Bulluck or Thornton...

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bashing schwartz independant of fisher...

I said this before on other threads and i'll keep saying it. Bashing schwartz only as the only reason this defense doesn't play well is stupid, cowardly, gutless and moronic. The head coach is responsible for this football team! He hired schwartz and HE IS THE ONE WHO KEEPS SCHWARTZ HERE!

Whether it is neglect, poor postion coaching or the simple fact that jeff fisher isn't better with the defense than schwartz fisher is the guy we need to start blaming.

Jeff fisher's last 2 de-coordinators jobs.

1991 rams...went from 25th in scoring defense to 27th!

1994 oilers...went from 4th in scoring defense to 21st!

Wow a defensive genius!

Bashing schwartz independant of fisher is cowardly because fans are too gutless to except the fact that fisher isn't a brilliant coach. That's the party line here that fisher is a genius still one of the leagues elite coaches who just happens to have a village idiot
    for a defensive coordinator. I don't buy it!

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Roll Tide- I for one have said Fisher is ultimately responsible. However, I think Fisher is a better HC than Schwartz is a DC. I'd rather see Schwartz go than Fisher- but that ain't gonna happen. Fisher is loyal to "his guys" and Schwartz is one of them. I don't think guts has anything to do with people (myself included) not calling Fisher out.

We all know that a player being critical of a coach is a death sentence for that player. We are NEVER going to hear Bulluck or any other smart player call out a coach.

In regards to who Bulluck is calling out- my guess would be Thompson, Woolfolk, Haynesworth, maybe Starks and Sirmon.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

More than likely his erratic wingman Thompson.

Stats are open to interpretation. Where were you in 94'? That was the last time we bit the cap bullet & lost half the D' starters. That was also the year Bud wanted the team to suck in order to facilitate the move away from Houston.

Fisher has done good for us in the past whereas Schartz hasn't yet shown us that he know's siht from sugar. That's why Schartz is takin the heat over Fisher

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The left side of the titan defense...

Am i the only one who is concerned that we are small on that side? The strong side of the opponents offense? That we have weak side type players playing on the strong side? KVB and thornton? That hill is one of the least physical corners in the league? That we don't have a real strong safety?

In the past we had a first rate run stopper DE in carter. We had a 240 lbs guy in sirmon at Sam and a real SS in tank. You can argue that A dyson and hill are a wash but right now i would take dyson as a run defender.

Just in size alone we are giving up 25 lbs from carter to KVB. 13 lbs from sirmon to thornton. Thornton is listed at 225 lbs with nfl.com! The size difference from tank to thompson is not that great but thompson has never been a SS.

Strange year for the titans to announce that they are going to hybrid safeties eh?

What was once a major strength for this team is now a major weakness!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress...

You miss the point. I didn't say fisher sucked simply that he was not a defensive genius. And in 1994 buddy ryan was not in houston that's why fisher was the DC to begin with!

These are the best defensive players from the 93 team.

Childress-lathon-dishman-daryll lewis-sean jones and a young safety named bishop.

Of those 6 only sean jones was gone in 94 and bishop wasn't a rookie like in 93.

The point is that jeff fisher didn't do anything with that defense that any AVERAGE DC couldn't do and you damn well know that. They finished 21st in scoring defense if schwartz was DC they might have finished 22nd instead and you think schwartz is an idiot.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

RollTide....

Excellent reply dude

In future I will think long & hard before questioning your posts........

you acknowleged Childress, the legend :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar